Assistant Professor, DNP-NA
Due to our nurse anesthesia program transition to the DNP level along with planned Program growth, we are now seeking experienced and motivated doctoral prepared CRNAs to join our DNP Nurse Anesthesiology faculty team. The DNP curriculum emphasizes innovative and evidence-based nursing practice to meet the demands of an increasingly complex health care system, improve the safety and quality of care delivery, and influence health care policy. DNP Nurse Anesthesiology faculty are committed to the education of future CRNAs who are competent and well qualified to deliver safe and high-quality anesthesia care and pain management services.
As the CRNA, Assistant Professor you will teach at the graduate level; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on School, College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Teaches at the graduate level in the DNP Nurse Anesthesiology Program courses and across other graduate level nursing courses as needed based on qualifications and experience.
- Mentors students completing the DNP Project.
- Conducts clinical teaching and simulation labs and advising.
- Expectations for scholarship will be those identified for rank as described in FPED and College documents.
- Service to School, College, University and professional community is expected in the form of committees, accreditation activities, etc.
- Function as an effective, active and collegial team member
Additional Job Description
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related field from a regionally accredited institution/program (or equivalent).
- Prelicensure master’s or doctoral degree with a Nurse Anesthesia major from a regionally accredited institution and nationally accredited nurse anesthesia program (or equivalent).
- Three o r more years of clinical experience in the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) role.
- Current unrestricted license as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of Florida or eligible for licensure.
- Current CRNA certification by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
- Current BLS, ACLs and PALs certifications
- Ph.D. from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent and a nationally accredited nursing program.
- Experience as a faculty member in a nursing education program at the College/University level.
- Experience with virtual/distance teaching platform experience;
- Experience with simulation in education.
- Evidence of scholarship leading to professional presentations, research, and/or publications.
- Service in professional organizations (e.g. membership and / or committee involvement).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in nurse anesthesia knowledge and clinical practice.
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills using web-based applications and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competence in use of technology in teaching and distance learning.
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning.
- Must value continued scholarship and service to the school, university and community.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made at a faculty rank commensurate with the candidate’s experience on a 12-month multi-year appointment basis available May, 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/ scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts- include transcripts for all degrees earned
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Five (5) Professional References
Additional Materials (the application will ask you to upload any additional required documents from the job posting.) The following are the additional that should be uploaded in that section:
- Licenses and/or certifications
This position is posted "Open Until Filled".
Review of applicant materials will begin immediately.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Nursing Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers