Due to our nurse anesthesia program transition to the DNP level
along with planned Program growth, we are now seeking experienced
and motivated doctoral prepared CRNAs to join our DNP Nurse
Anesthesiology faculty team. The DNP curriculum emphasizes
innovative and evidence-based nursing practice to meet the demands
of an increasingly complex health care system, improve the safety
and quality of care delivery, and influence health care policy. DNP
Nurse Anesthesiology faculty are committed to the education of
future CRNAs who are competent and well qualified to deliver safe
and high-quality anesthesia care and pain management
As the CRNA, Assistant Professor you will teach at the graduate
level; be involved in course and/or curriculum development;
research/scholarship; participate on School, College and University
committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty
are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction
resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use
of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed
scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and
Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at
off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
Additional Job Description
- Teaches at the graduate level in the DNP Nurse Anesthesiology
Program courses and across other graduate level nursing courses as
needed based on qualifications and experience.
- Mentors students completing the DNP Project.
- Conducts clinical teaching and simulation labs and
- Expectations for scholarship will be those identified for rank
as described in FPED and College documents.
- Service to School, College, University and professional
community is expected in the form of committees, accreditation
- Function as an effective, active and collegial team member
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related field from a regionally
accredited institution/program (or equivalent).
- Prelicensure master’s or doctoral degree with a Nurse
Anesthesia major from a regionally accredited institution and
nationally accredited nurse anesthesia program (or
- Three o r more years of clinical experience in the Certified
Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) role.
- Current unrestricted license as an Advanced Practice Nurse in
the State of Florida or eligible for licensure.
- Current CRNA certification by the National Board of
Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists
- Current BLS, ACLs and PALs certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ph.D. from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent
and a nationally accredited nursing program.
- Experience as a faculty member in a nursing education program
at the College/University level.
- Experience with virtual/distance teaching platform
- Experience with simulation in education.
- Evidence of scholarship leading to professional presentations,
research, and/or publications.
- Service in professional organizations (e.g. membership and / or
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Demonstrated expertise in nurse anesthesia knowledge and
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills using web-based applications and
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competence in use of technology in teaching and distance
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside the
University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting
in improved student learning.
- Must value continued scholarship and service to the school,
university and community.
Appointment will be made at a faculty rank commensurate with the
candidate’s experience on a 12-month multi-year appointment basis
available May, 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and
retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send
examples of your project/ scholarship unless requested to do so.
Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks,
slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE
RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to
submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become
the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available
for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
Additional Materials (the application will ask you to upload any
additional required documents from the job posting.) The following
are the additional that should be uploaded in that
- Unofficial Transcripts- include transcripts for all degrees
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Five (5) Professional References
This position is posted "Open Until Filled".
Review of applicant materials will begin immediately.
- Licenses and/or certifications
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.