The Administrative Specialist oversees the day-to-day administrative operations of Counseling department. Supervises assigned support staff to fulfill administrative responsibilities of the department.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative support to include maintaining schedule/calendar, screening telephone communication, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries.
- Completes transfers, reconciles expenditure transactions, maintains internal accounting records, and other transactional duties related to fiscal administration.
- Fulfills purchasing requirements for assigned area, researching items and obtaining price quotes, entering information into university systems, receiving purchase orders, maintaining P-Card information, and reconciling purchases.
- Establishes and maintains systems for administration of records for the area, including electronic files, records, and databases.
- Supports employment administration and human resources processes, serving as a point of contact with the central HR department. Administers appointment paperwork requirements for department employees.
- Fulfills administrative requirements for employment searches within area of responsibility.
- Tracks and audits department leave records and employee time sheets.
- Prepares and approves payroll certifications. Reviews and reconciles payroll registers and updates pay distribution.
- Arranges and coordinates travel for department staff, faculty, and incoming guests and speakers.
- Composes and prepares written documents and correspondence for the office, including memos, letters, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Prepares special spreadsheet reports and presentations as needed. May prepare brochures or update department web site content.
- Provides transactional maintenance of funds and accounts for a unit or department.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years of relevant full-time administrative support experience.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Work experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, Cognos, and Gulfline.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
- Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance and motivation.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures consistently.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, draw valid conclusions, and/or develop appropriate alternatives where applicable.
This posting will close Friday March 5, 2021.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers