Instructional Designer I
Job Title Instructional Designer I Posting Number S863P Classification Title
This position supports the development and maintenance of courses in Blackboard as well as trains faculty to leverage instructional technology for teaching and learning. The Instructional Designer also plays a critical role in ensuring that courses in any distance modality meet industry standards in quality and Web accessibility by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
2. Collaborate with course representatives / subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs.
3. Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
4. Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product.
5. Analyze and apply trends and best practices in instructional design and the use of learning technologies.
6. Apply best practices in Web accessibility to develop courses in any distance modality are ADA -compliant.
7. Create learning environments that utilize culturally relevant instruction and UDL principles.
8. Recommend exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
9. Provide training and support for all instructional technology tools.
10. Create instructional materials/interactive media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.) to support the learning process.
11. Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course.
12. Maintain project documentation.
This position has no supervisory reqponsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
Lesson and curriculum planning skills.
Knowledge of Web-based course delivery platforms.
In-depth knowledge of accessibility standards for online courses.
Knowledge of quality assurance frameworks for online course development.
Basic website design, video technology and editing skills.
Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator).
Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, information technoloty, instructional technology, or a similar relevant field.
Open Date 02/04/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6308 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside