Program Coordinator II, Experiential Learning and Career Success
The Department of Experiential Learning and Career Success invites applications for a Program Coordinator II to join their team. The individual assigned to this position is responsible for organizing, strategizing and facilitating both on-campus and virtual recruiting activities and events including: employment/experiential fairs; on-campus employer visits and interview schedules; Student Employment Week; awards and receptions for Student of the Year for “employee”, “intern”, “volunteer” and “researcher”. Responsible for overseeing ELCS system platforms such as Handshake, GradLeaders, and Parker Dewey which includes gathering data, compiling information and preparing reports.
Specific areas of work and responsibilities include:
Perform employer recruitment and outreach
- Assist employers with job/internship posting descriptions, fair/event registration and help in creating and managing their employer platform account.
- Provide information and invites to both prospective and current businesses and employers about fairs and events.
- Share resources about how we help employers connect with UM students and alumni.
- Pursue fundraising and employer sponsorships of fairs, awards and other events and focus on excellent customer service (internal and external).
Student, Faculty and Staff support
- Assist students, faculty and staff needing support with any of our system platforms.
- Collaborate with academic departments to develop and offer employment fairs.
- Provide information and invites to students and faculty about fairs and events.
Manage the operations and processes of our online platforms
- Provides technical education and assistance to employers, students/alumni, faculty, and staff in their use and application of our platforms such as Handshake, GradLeaders, and Parker Dewey.
- Oversee computer system data integrity for platforms.
- Develop, enhance and/or maintain process to ensure data is useful and current; analyze current requirements and processes for populating the databases.
- Approve/oversee approvals of all new employers and employer contacts and all new opportunities (i.e., jobs, internships, volunteer, etc.)
- Design, create, change (as needed) forms, lists, and reports needed/requested by staff, faculty and administration
- Create a time line for reports
- Run routine reports for students, alumni, employers, staff, faculty, and departments
- Oversee and create policies/procedures to protect students’ and others’ information who use these system platforms. In addition, set up policies to hold employers accountable in their interactions with students.
- Act as a liaison with vendor tech support for questions, improvements, and enhancements for databases.
- Report and follow up on system “bugs” with appropriate system administrators. Follow up on unresolved issues.
- Act as a liaison between office and the university IT department.
Job Location Development Program (JLD)
Manges the Job Location development Program in collaboration with the Financial Aid Office. Knowledge of or awareness of EEO compliance, federal work-study financial aid regulations, employment best practices and reporting procedures for the usage of federal fund allocations for operation of Job Location and Development Program.
- Strongly detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Make sound decisions and take appropriate actions
- Excellent event planning, marketing and public relations and database management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Excellent information system and database management skills
- Comfort with technology platforms and drawing from them to help inform decisions
- Excellent oral, written, and telephone communications
- Ability to work in a data-intensive environment
- Knowledge of University and Federal recruiting/employment regulations
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies, Marketing, Public Relations, Information Technology or related degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Data management experience
- Experience with Banner
About the Department of Experiential Learning and Career Success and UM
ELCS Mission Statement: Helping students maximize their education through engaging experiences and intentional planning, preparing them for success today and tomorrow.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Program Coordinator II
Position Number: 010550
Department: Experiential Learning and Career Success
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Thursday, February 25, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner