Executive Director of Advancement Services
Executive Director of Advancement Services
University Advancement and External Relations
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for External Relations (AVP) and serving as a member of the Advancement and External Relations (ADVEX) senior management team, the Executive Director of Advancement Services (ED) will provide leadership and strategic oversight of the Advancement Services program to achieve the University's fundraising and engagement goals.
The ED is responsible for leading the administrative and financial operations, database management, software use, policies and procedures, prospect research, reporting, and professional development of the Advancement Services team.
As the database expert in University Advancement, the ED will establish the division as a strategic partner and resource for the Adelphi University community by creating a strong foundation for annual giving, major gifts, and engagement and donor relations.
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President for External Relations
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Executive Director will be committed to best practices:
- Ensure compliance with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, federal and state laws, Donor Bill of Rights, Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) standards for reporting and gift acceptance, CAE, AFP and other industry guidelines and standards.
- Conduct operational Risk assessment reports for the AVP and Finance and Administration.
- Prepare regular comparison and progress reports including managing the VSEC management checklist reports and annual updates.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of reports for ADVEX, Board of Trustees, President's office and other internal and external constituencies as needed.
- With the Office of Data Analytics and Institutional Reporting, review and update the University Advancement Dashboard to provide transparency of fundraising activity.
- Educate and advise ADVEX team on best practices for utilizing the Advancement database to accomplish departmental goals. Provide training as necessary.
- Benchmark and research aspirational and peer Advancement Services programs.
The Executive Director will be focused on building a strong foundation:
- Create and implement a robust system for accurate recording of all gifts that allows for timely and efficient acknowledgement and reporting with internal and external partners.
- Reconcile monthly figures including pledges with the University Controller's Office.
- With the AVP, lead the process to forecast, prepare, and implement Advancement budget.
- Manage contracts and vendor agreements with service providers.
- Document, maintain, and update administrative systems, policies and procedures to manage daily operations for University Advancement. Review and amend as needed.
- Maintain a user-friendly CRM database that meets the needs and expectations of advancement, alumni engagement, donor relations and stewardship, and advancement communications staff.
- Ensure data integrity by overseeing scheduled appends and maintenance.
- With closely with the Office of Information Technology and Resources, create and maintain dataflow systems with other campus CRM sources.
- Provide oversight of ADVEX online giving, crowdfunding, event registration, and e-communication platforms.
The Executive Director will be a champion:
- Train and manage staff to ensure that division objectives are met.
- Conduct regular reviews and evaluations of performance.
- Assess Advancement Services staffing and resources needed to be successful.
- Keep staff current on industry standards and best practices.
- Provide access to professional development as budget allows.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Technical expertise in database management and system tools specifically Raiser's Edge, NXT, Microsoft Access, and SQL.
- Experience using services including but not limited to Lexis-Nexis, WealthEngine, iModules, iWave, and Alumni Finder.
- Knowledge of IRS and CASE requirements for non-profit fundraising.
- Experience preparing, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational mission and direction; demonstrated knowledge of structure, policies, and procedures.
- Strong operational and project management skills; strong organizational skills; utilization of team facilitation and meeting skills.
- Execution of planning regimen on an individual, program, and institutional partner level.
- Demonstrated skill in staff management and program integration; ability to work in close and effective coordination with internal partners both within and outside Advancement.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities; ability to manage significant change.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume and urgency.
- Expert interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited institution, preferably business administration, Computer Science or public administration is required.
- Minimum of six to eight years of progressively responsible professional level managerial experience in higher education Advancement database, including supervisory, budget and leadership experience and/or business experience required.
- Director of Prospect Research and Advancement Services.
- Advancement Services Specialist.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2483