University of Idaho
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $40,352 per year or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Resident Director (RD) is a full-time, live-in professional staff position responsible for the supervision of one residence hall. The RD is expected to respond to students in crisis, follow up on CARE (Coordinate, Assessment, Response, and Education) concerns, and engage regularly with residents in their area. The RD position supervises 8- 20 student staff, 1 Senior Resident Assistant; provides assistance to residents; advises community council and oversees the facilitation of community development; leads retention efforts in area assigned; serves as a conduct hearing officer; assists with University and departmental recruitment efforts, and performs administrative and managerial tasks associated with the assigned area. In addition, they work collaboratively in smaller team groups to direct and coordinate various departmental projects.
• Master’s degree
• Leadership experience
• Master’s degree in Higher Ed, Counseling, or Social Work;
• Previous residence life experience;
• Demonstrated organizational, and decision-making abilities;
• Experience supervising student staff;
• Demonstrated ability to create and promote an inclusive community;
• Demonstrated ability to foster student success;
• Skills in crisis management;
• Experience working with college-aged students;
• Effective communications skills;
• Experience managing a variety of projects simultaneously.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• It is a requirement of this position to live on campus, an apartment in the residence hall is provided;
• This position will require working some evenings and weekends.
Posting Number: SP002705P
Posting Date: 02/03/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by March 3, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.