Job ID: 223767
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0330401 - Office of Public Safety
Monitor all radio traffic and transmit all information to Public Safety personnel in field. Manage all incoming and outgoing communications. Maintain operating functions of communications center, including entering information into records management system.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Enter information pertaining to accidents, incidents, complaints, requests for assistance, security checks and other activities that occur on campus into records management system
- Ensure confidentiality of information obtained from GCIC/NCIC
- Maintain logs and all certifications required by state law with reference to GCIC operations
- Operate Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) computer to check for stolen property, criminal history, driver's license information and vehicle information
- Enter all stolen property and wanted persons into GCIC system
- Monitor radio traffic and transmit necessary information
- Monitor 24-hour receiver of all fire and intrusion alarms on campus
- Monitor emergency callboxes throughout campus and campus-wide surveillance system
- Dispatch housing, emergency and maintenance calls after regular business hours
- Provide directory assistance to callers after normal business hours
- Assist students, faculty, staff and visitors with general information and campus event locations
- Follow all safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
- Maintain and clean equipment and work areas
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) or more years of general office work experience
- One (1) or more years of work experience as a dispatcher
$28,100 - $34,400
Required Documents to Attach
- Please attach three (3) professional references to the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to learn and operate Georgia Crime Information Center computer
- Ability to make quick decisions under stress and handle crisis situations via the telephone
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize calls and requests based on policy and nature of incident
- Understanding of emergency operating procedures
Apply Before Date
February 26, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work a 12-hour shift
- Work when scheduled
- Subject to be called back as situations warrant, sometimes working extended hours and/or on a different shift
- Work under stressful conditions
- Sit long periods of time
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=223767&PostingSeq=1