Head Tennis Coach
Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Head Tennis Coach. The Head Tennis Coach will develop and lead the men's and women's tennis program. This position reports to the Athletic Director and is located in River Forest, IL.
This position will include the recruitment and retention of students in the tennis program. The Head Tennis Coach will be a Christian role model and support students in their walk in Christian Faith, as well as the mission of the University. This position requires knowledge and understanding of the bylaws and policies of the NACC and the NCAA for Division III athletics; and requires full compliance of the bylaws and policies of Concordia University, NACC, and NCAA. It is also expected that the Head Coach will participate in other university events in addition to their main program.
- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for all aspects of men's and women's tennis program
- Follow all NCAA Division III, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference and Concordia University rules and regulations, and meet or exceed the expectations outlined in the athletic department's policies and procedures manual
- Actively recruit prospective student-athletes for tennis that will succeed academically at Concordia University and enhance the level of competition for the tennis programs within the NACC and NCAA Division III with direct responsibility for the men's and women's tennis program
- Manage the tennis budget, following purchasing and spending guidelines as set by the University and the athletic department
- Schedule contests with consultation and approval from the athletic director
- Develop a relationship with indoor facility
- Cultivate a positive team image, promote and support the overall student-athlete experience and aid in the academic, athletic and religious development of student-athletes
- Coordinate Summer Camps
- Clear understanding and knowledge of the sport of tennis
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of the best practices for Tennis players
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, administration, and students
- Ability to use a personal computer and the appropriate office software
Minimum Experience Required:
3 years of coaching experience at high school or college level
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are also available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, and College of Innovative and Professional Programs, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and in 2013 was named to the U.S. President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fifth time. For the sixth consecutive year, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded more than 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.