Position Summary: The Webmaster, under supervision and direction of the Executive Director of College Development, is responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of the ENMU-Roswell website and related services, while ensuring high standards of performance and user accessibility to the site. This position is responsible for website design, programming, usability analysis, testing deployment, administration and prioritizing and developing content that is integrated with ENMU-Roswell goals, promotional and graphic/branding themes and ongoing operations.
The position requires knowledge, creativity and technical skills in specialized web programming languages, tools, and technology; the exercise of judgment to troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve problems; and the ability to work independently and to provide technical assistance to other staff.
- Responsible for developing and evaluating the design and content of the College website and serves as the primary consultant, collaborator and layout designer for departments.
- Provides technical support to departments and employees; creates, delivers and manages website development training as needed.
- Coordinates technical implementation and support of website and services with College Development, as well as all other areas at the college.
- Designs, develops and updates overall architecture including stylesheets, templates, graphics, forms and databases for the website using current web design software tools.
- Stays informed of, evaluates and recommends new and emerging web technologies, e.g., Web 2.0, mobile responsive design, and cloud computing.
- Regularly updates the look, feel and functionality of the website.
- Administers and maintains the campus portal.
- Administers campus web-based emergency notification system (Everbridge).
- Administers and maintains campus digital signage system.
- Maintains, updates and documents institutional web pages on a regular basis according to College specifications; reviews institutional pages for errors or necessary changes.
- Tracks and analyzes usage of website, web portal and works collaboratively with College Development and Enrollment Management staff to improve website Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies.
- Provides support functions of the college website's Content Management System.
- Identifies the needs of various users and develops web strategies and web pages to meet those needs.
- Develops, analyzes, tests, and debugs the website to ensure web applications, security development tools, and output are in compliance with current standard web criteria for security and interoperability, Section 508/ADA standards and University policies.
- Develops web-based surveys, forms, or other on-demand documents to facilitate communication.
- Ensure web properties are optimized for search engines including mobile-first, page load speeds, etc.
- Converts or prepares documents and images using various web technologies, including HTML or other programming languages
- Works with cloud vendor to ensure web server is maintained and performs general server maintenance. Researches and explores new technology for the enhancement of the website
- Performs preventative maintenance on software programs associated with the website.
Serves on campus committees and performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Graphic Design, or Communications and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training in website design/management and web applications development
Portfolio of work with several production sites of reference in a Webmaster role is to be submitted with application.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to project manage the web development process end-to-end, including design, development and deployment of visual enhancements, features and functionality
- Knowledge of brand stewardship in the context of both visual style guidelines and a content strategy
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal/customer service communication skills and ability to work as a team member.
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience with WordPress content management
- HTML5/XHTML and CSS
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Banner development workflows including version control and continuous integration