Cybersecurity - Research Assistant Professors (Multiple Positions)
Old Dominion University invites applications for multiple research associate and research assistant professor positions in the broad area of cybersecurity with anticipated start date around August 8, 2021. The positions will be affiliated with the newly formed Old Dominion University School of Cybersecurity and the Virginia Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation Center. Opportunities exist for graduate instruction for those affiliated with the School of Cybersecurity. The positions are part of a regional cluster hire of the Coastal Virginia Center for Cyber Innovation (COVA) of the Commonwealth Cyber Initiative (CCI). Candidates will be expected to
- conduct research funded by the federal government or industry;
- provide expertise in their specific disciplinary areas of strength;
- serve as mentors to graduate research assistants working in CCI;
- interact with industry partners, funding agencies, researchers from other CCI nodes, national laboratories, and venture capitalists to identify opportunities for R&D;
- collaborate with the Commonwealth’s collection of partners to include industry, government, and academia on cybersecurity issues related to the intersection of cyber physical systems security, particularly in the maritime, defense, and transportation sectors;
- provide subject matter expertise to industry partners seeking assistance with cybersecurity/AI topics and develop joint projects;
- take the lead on the development of research questions, data collection, data analysis, and writing and presenting research findings;
- conduct contract research and develop reports as needed;
- develop research proposals and budgets; and
- acquire funding to support the activities of the COVA CCI.
Minimum Qualifications – At the time of appointment, the candidate must have a Ph.D. or equivalent research/industrial experience in cybersecurity-related disciplines. Requirements are the potential for success in conducting fundamental and applied research and obtaining external research funding.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Worked in interdisciplinary and multi-institutional environment,
- A strong funding record,
- Strong methodological skills or research skills in their area of expertise,
- The ability to work independently as well as demonstrated ability to work professionally and efficiently within the research group as a team player,
- Or are eligible for a security clearance.
Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- 5G network security
- IoT security
- Wireless physical layer security
- Network slicing
- AI security and privacy
- Adversarial machine learning
- Trusted AI
- Verifiable AI
- Embedded systems security
- Usable security and privacy
- Trustworthy computing
- Cybersecurity education
*Continued appointment will be based on success of the program, continued funding from the Commonwealth Cyber Initiative, and the candidate’s ability to attain federal and industrial funding.
Application Review Date- Applications should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, unofficial graduate transcripts, and contact information for three professional references including email addresses and phone numbers. Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2021 and will continue until the positions are filled. Applications should be submitted electronically to https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/13008.
Old Dominion University does not discriminate in admissions, treatment, employment or access to its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), political affiliation, veteran status, family medical and genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Norfolk
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Norfolk
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Norfolk
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Norfolk
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Norfolk