Lecturer & Finance Lab Manager
UW System Title: Lecturer
Start Date: August 23, 2021 Essential Job Functions
The Austin E. Cofrin School of Business at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay seeks applicants for the Manager of the newly established Willie Davis Financial Investment and Trading Laboratory (Suite 87). This 12-month position carries the title of Lecturer with Faculty Status. In coordination with the Suite 87 advisory board, academic director, and Dean of the Cofrin School of Business, the Manger will be responsible for actionizing a high impact, applied learning experience associate with this space through coursework, student competitions, the Student Managed Investment Fund, a Financial Literacy program in partnerships with the School’s Personal Financial Planning program, and related activities.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teach a normal course load of primarily undergraduate courses in Finance. Courses will be taught both face-to-face and online.
- Advise students.
- Lead student activities associated with the Willie Davis Financial Investment and Trading Laboratory and associated Student Managed Investment Fund.
- Perform institutional and community service, including contributing to the ongoing programmatic development of the Cofrin School of Business and participate fully in AACSB accreditation efforts.
- Perform scholarly or professional engagement activities consistent with the Austin E. Cofrin School of Business expectations for a Lecturer holding Faculty status.
- Master’s degree in Finance or MBA with specialization in Finance at time of application
- 3 years of professional experience and expertise in applied investment, or previous experience working with a Student Managed Investment Fund
- Ability to teach a variety of classes in the Finance curriculum
- Evidence of engagement in institutional, community, and professional service endeavors
- Knowledge of and experience using finance and capital marketing software
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a finance lab operation
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource. Conditions Of Appointment
Position is a full-time, 12-month, instructional Academic Staff appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.Salary
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).BENEFIT DETAILS
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Please go to the full job posting at https://www.uwgb.edu/human-resources/employment/career-opportunities/lecturer-finance-lab-manager/ and select the applicable application link.
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts of all graduate work.
- Course evaluations
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2006
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Monday, March 8, 2021.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.