Research Coordinator II
The primary purpose of this role is to provide technical support to the Bladder Cancer Translational Research Center, a disease-oriented group within the Dan L. Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center (DLDCCC), in the preparation and procurement of human research materials. Impact patient care through clinical and research procurement of human tissue.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database. May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Responsible for the collection, procurement and harvest of fresh biological specimens. Consenting patients for sample collection is part of the responsibilities.
- Facilitating specialized harvests for investigators; and processing, archiving and distribution of routine specimens banked for future use.
- Provides research support of human tissue and body fluid collection, processing and specimen distribution for pharmacology studies and clinical trials in outpatient clinics.
- Responsible for the review, abstracting and interpreting of complex clinical data and providing administrative support of the electronic data management database(s) for the BCC Project Manager and Human Tissue and Pathology Core (HTAP).
- Reconciles and organizes data and records for timely submission of reports on human tissue procured.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston