Research Administration Associate--Grant Management
The Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology at Baylor College of Medicine delivers cutting-edge research focused on cancer biology, stem cell biology, developmental biology, and neurobiology. The department ranks among the top ten in the nation in funding from the National Institutes of Health.
In collaboration with Research Administration and the Senior Coordinator, the Research Administration Associate must be excellent at communicating and developing relationships with Principal Investigators (PIs) on pre-award and post-award grant administration. The Research Administration Associate will work directly with faculty to prepare grant and contract submissions as well as help faculty with financial reporting and progress reports. This role will utilize the College's electronic Biomedical Research and Assurance and Information Network (BRAIN) to submit grant applications.
- Preforms all pre-award activities as necessary (including preparing and routing proposals, communicating internal submission deadlines and sponsor due dates.)
- Follows federal, state, and Baylor policies, procedures, and guidelines that apply to grants and funding.
- Performs all post-award activities as necessary (including account set up, financial reporting, progress reports and grant closeout).
- Prepares subcontract documents and tracks against budget.
- Maintains an updated list of grant accounts, number of awards,
faculty effort on grants, number of submissions, or other
statistics related to grant reporting as requested by
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Three years or more experience.
- Experience in basic science departments and research grants.
- Experience with BRAIN research grant management software.
- NIH, CPRIT grant exposure.
- Clinical Research Associate Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston