Admissions Specialist/Data Entry Clerk
Notre Dame of Maryland University is seeking an admissions specialist who will be responsible for processing prospective student information from inquiry through application completion in the CRM (Liaison EMP) and SIS (Colleague).
Essential Functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for day to day admission application processing.
- Input and update information for prospective students into CRM, SIS, and supporting software systems.
- Track, research, and coordinate supporting application materials from various sources, including Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.
- Communicate with admissions counselors/enrollment managers throughout the admissions process regarding missing application materials and other application-related topics.
- Communicate with team members to ensure that all applications are reviewed and decisions are rendered within the timeframes communicated to applicants.
- Manage a departmental specific email inbox including responding to messages and referring program-specific academic and admissions questions to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Communicate potential systems issues to the Director and assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Proactively contribute toward streamlining application workflows and automating current and future processes with special focus on the application review process.
- Reinforce policies and procedures to maintain consistency of admission processes and collaborate with the team to recommend, test, evaluate system modifications and upgrades to improve operations processes and ensure data integrity and security.
- Collaborate with various student affairs departments (Financial Aid, Registrar’s Office and Business Office) to assist with student matriculation and maintain compliance of established policies and procedures.
- Knowledge: Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Experience: Minimum one year of work experience in a fast-paced office environment that required database proficiency and advanced computer software skills such as MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and business email.
- Skills/Aptitude: Must be extremely accurate and detail oriented; must be able to learn the university's computer software systems. Must be able to understand and work within legal guidelines governing release of confidential information. Good writing and speaking skills required. An ability to organize and prioritize work effectively with other members of the team and the college community is a must. Must have a quality service orientation and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. PC, copy machine, and scanner. Large amount of work on computer. Required to work some evenings and selected Saturdays.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Jen Pohler at jpohler @ndm.edu