CU Boulder’s PSAAP Multidisciplinary Simulation Center for Micromorphic Multiphysics Porous and Particulate Materials Simulations Within Exascale Computing Workflows has an opening for a Research Software Engineer to co-lead development of robust, extensible open source software for extreme-scale simulation of large-deformation composite poro-elasto-visco-plastic media across a broad range of regimes with experimental validation and coordination with micromorphic multiscale models.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Founded in 1970, the Department of Computer Science at CU Boulder is passionate about real-world, interdisciplinary experiences for our students. Our researchers are making advances in computer science today that will change the world tomorrow.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team to apply the following to real-world problems:
- Software development and devops (Git, continuous integration, etc.);
- Maintainable, high-performance programming techniques for CPUs and GPUs;
- Finite element and material-point discretizations;
- Computational mechanics/inelasticity;
- Parallel algebraic solvers such as PETSc; and
- Scalable data-intensive computing.
What You Should Know
This position can start immediately and is remote-friendly, especially during the pandemic. US citizenship or permanent residency is preferred. Since this project is funded by DOE NNSA, we cannot consider sensitive country foreign nationals.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $115,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Ambitious. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Ph.D. in a related field.
What You Will Need
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Degree
- The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree.
- If your degree was obtained outside of the United States, please submit a translated version (if applicable).
- List of references (used for phone reference checks)
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for one reference who will be contacted to provide a letter of recommendation as the search progresses.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder