Postdoctoral Associate - Research (69869)
The Department of Radiation Oncology is seeking a talented and motivated postdoc for immediate placement in our translational, biomedical research lab. This position will contribute to existing projects focused on characterizing the roles of amino acids in regulating key protein functions that are altered in disease conditions. The current projects in the lab include: 1) Electrolyte, mineral and nutrient transport alterations during cancer care, infectious diarrhea and malnutrition; 2) Anemia and hemochromatosis; 3) Tumor growth or suppression; 4) Cystic Fibrosis, asthma, allergic rhinitis and COPD; 5) Radiation and chemotherapy-induced gastrointestinal complications; and 6) Atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and wound healing.
Technical Skills & Responsibilities in the following areas:
- Strong knowledge of fundamental intestinal cell biology
- Brush border membrane isolation, characterization and vesicular transport
- Strong molecular biological skills to study protein function, including DNA sequencing, cloning and extraction, RNA purification, gel electrophoresis, western blot, PCR, microarray, ELISA, FACS analysis, etc.
- Monitor and operate equipment such as electrophoresis units, thermocyclers, and cell sorters (FACS).
- Experience with live cell perfusion, imaging, real-time protein trafficking and intracellular pH measurements would be desirable
- Experience with Histopathology, Immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry background
- Understand cell cycle and signaling, cell differentiation and maturation.
- Experience in primary cell culture techniques and manipulation of cultured cells on solid matrix.
- Experience with cell and culture would be highly desirable, and/or experience with tumor models in cancer research
- Bioinformatic software analysis experience would be
Professional Skills & Experience:
- MD and /or PhD in molecular biology, physiology, microbiology, immunology, or a related field, with practical lab experience in an academic setting
- Ability to multi-task and manage time with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in regard to assay optimization and data interpretation
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and effectively communicate scientific data
- Ability to work independently while effectively interacting and collaborating in a team environment
- Maintain clean and safe working environment for laboratory staff
- Prepare reports, manuscripts, and meeting presentations
- Must be highly adaptable, flexible, and comfortable working in a high-risk, high-demand, and high-reward research environment
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an educational institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville