Instructor I/Instructor II, Accounting
As the Instructor I/Instructor II, Accounting you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; conduct research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives; and perform other duties as assigned.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Teach up to (4) classes a semester, conducts scholarly or engage in professional activities consistent with the LCOB guidelines for faculty classification as Scholarly Academic, Practice Academic, Scholarly Practitioner, or Instructional Practitioner, and engage in service activities as required.
- Community, institutional and professional service in furtherance of FGCU’s mission is expected of all faculty.
- For service, level II instructors are expected to engage principally in teaching- and program-related service and professional development activities.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Department Chair.
Additional Job Description
- Masters degree from an AACSB accredited business school in Accounting or an MBA with a focus (18 graduate hours) in Accounting with significant industry experience.
- Prior teaching experience in an AACSB accredited institution.
- Relevant business experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Five (5) Professional References
This position is posted as "Open Until Filled".
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers