University Code 18911 University Title Administrator 1, Finance University Job Family Financial Services ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Financial Administrator Position Number 591590 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Medicines for All Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Medicines for All Institute (M4All) operating under the auspices of the VCU College of Engineering was founded in 2017 with the goal of improving access to safe, effective, and affordable medicines. M4All was formed to deliver this mission with
significant support initially from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation ( BMGF ) and most recently from Phlow Corporation. M4All manages multi-million dollar investments to support their innovative research. The Institute invites applications for the position of Financial Administrator. Duties include the following:
- Lead budgeting efforts through collaboration with senior leadership in budget planning, analysis and forecasting,
financial decisions, and the implementation of strategic spending plans; Provide technical expertise in aligning financial
management with project implementation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners; Serve as the liaison between stakeholders to ensure all
reporting requirements and stipulations are met while adhering to specific requirements for each research sponsor.
- Lead preparation for financial reports to research sponsors by project; conduct analysis of spending patterns and projections to keep executives informed of project budget performance.
- Develop and evolve management tools for all funds to best suit the needs of the organization; develop and monitor appropriate internal financial procedures and controls in collaboration with senior leadership and appropriate VCU offices.
- Ensure compliance with all university policies and applicable laws.
- Prepare, interpret, and present financial documents, analysis, and reports to senior leadership and senior leaders from sponsor
- Responsible for meeting rigorous deadlines set by sponsors or other stakeholders and leading all regular reporting activities.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education, training, and equivalent work experience that equates to a degree
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles and practices
- Broad knowledge of finance principles as well as strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of reconciliation and analysis procedures of fiscal records and reports with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically advanced Excel expertise.
- Experience working in higher education to include knowledge and experience in working with grant and contract procedures required
- Strong aptitude in working with all levels of administration, staff, and key constituents.
- The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret complex financial information and communicate/present findings to individuals with varied levels of financial expertise
- Experience working in a confidential environment and the ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive
- Ability to work under strict deadlines while exercising independent judgement and making sound decisions
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Working knowledge of SAS, Banner, Chrome River, Bank of America Works, and public university policies surrounding
- Understanding of global health, pharmaceutical and/or health care industries with direct experience in at least one of these industries
- A commitment to delivering responsive and superior service to current sponsors and prospective donors, as well as faculty, staff, and students
- CPA preferred
- Strategic planning skills
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hr/wk Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 02/03/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103265 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience working with Banner, SAS, Chrome
River, or Bank of America Works systems? If yes, how many years?
Please describe your work experience in each system.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience working with global health,
pharmaceutical and/or health care industries?
- 0 years
- 1-2 years
- 3-5 years
- 5+ years
- * Please briefly describe your experience working in a fiscal
setting which requires reconciling budgets, forecasting,
interpreting and applying agency policies and procedures and
financial report preparation.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a CPA?
- * Do you have professional experience managing financial
operations at a higher education institution?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond