Director, Portfolio Management and Sponsor Relations, Federal
University Code 19911 University Title Administrator 1, General Administration University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Director, Portfolio Management and Sponsor Relations, Federal Position Number 591600 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Medicines for All Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Medicines for All Institute (M4ALL), operating under the auspices of VCU College of Engineering, is committed to improving access to affordable high-quality medicines. In support of this mission, the Institute is inviting applications for the position of Director, Portfolio Management and Sponsor Relations for its Federal division. This position is responsible for strategically implementing best practices across business processes to establish operational excellence. In this role, you will drive project and portfolio management for a dynamic portfolio of federally funded projects, as well as develop and maintain effective relationships and engagement with M4ALL’s sponsors, including the Phlow Corporation and similar sponsor and funding partners. Core responsibilities:
- Collaborate internally with the technical, financial, and market engagement functions of M4ALL, and externally with development partners to ensure that all federally-funded projects are organized, staffed, supported, and executed according to project charters and timelines.
- Develop and manage internal processes for robust project management and communications in accordance with agreed phase-gate process and phase gate deliverables, including evaluating programs and software to facilitate project management and execution.
- Oversee the execution, deliverables quality, deadlines, scheduling, and managing the reporting of project status to the Executive Team, sponsors, and external development partners.
- Collaborating with the internal technical team and external experts, ensure timely completion of paper studies for all new projects or as requested/required by BMGF or other sponsors – gaining competitive intelligence on existing chemistries and technologies, defining potential opportunities for improvement, constructing project execution plans, and driving decision making.
- Interface with M4ALL’s Finance team to align on budgets and project work as required, manage projects to budget, and as needed, collaborate on change requests and reporting.
- Collaborating with M4ALL’s executive team, manage and enhance the relationship with its federal sponsors, ensuring consistent and reliable project reporting and communication with those sponsors.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with government agencies to identify and pursue opportunities for grant funding
- Perform market and database research on potential funding sources to identify new opportunities available for federal division that expand on current projects.
- Coordinate grant proposals including resource allocation, budget, and proposal drafts
- Other duties as may be required to support M4ALL’ s sponsor relationships.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Considerable years of experience leading projects and programs, or in an account or project management function.
- Demonstrated strong project planning, management, implementation, and execution skills with a proven track record of successfully leading or managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage relationships with all levels of the organization, including stakeholders, staff, Boards, external partners, and key accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to implement best practices in project management and to train others in those practices.
- Motivated, self-starter, with proven organizational and management skills within a dynamic, fast-paced environment, including keen attention to schedules and deadlines.
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written skills to convey complex technical and project subject matter in a thorough, accurate, and concise manner to a wide range of stakeholders, technical and non-technical.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative skills to work in highly effectively in teams.
- Prior experience in managing direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Engineering, or equivalent training and experience is minimum requirement.
- The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- An advanced degree in a science, engineering, or business discipline highly preferred.
- Experience working in healthcare, pharmaceutical, or industries
- Experience managing relationships with grantors to universities and non-profit organizations
- Relevant experience in a technology or manufacturing-based organizations
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hr/wk Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 02/03/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103303 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you have working in Global
Health or a related field (healthcare or pharmaceutical)?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Polymer
Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical
Engineering, or equivalent training and experience?
- * Do you have supervisory experience?
- * How many years of experience do you have leading projects and
programs, or in an account or project management role?
- * Do you have experience managing relationships with grantors
to Universities and/or non-profit organizations?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond