International Admissions Counselor
Job Title International Admissions Counselor Posting Number S856P Classification Title
Oversees enrollment process and offers support services for international students, as well as managent of related documentation in relation to the recruitment of prospective students. Ensures University and student compliance with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Student and Exchange Visitor Information System ( SEVIS ) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Evaluates international files and assists in the review of transcripts.
2. Assists and may coordinate special events for prospective, new international students.
3. Works aggressively to achieve enrollment goals.
4. Oversight of the international admissions process including implimentation of appropriate policies and procedures.
5. Manage support staff, specifically Secretary for Internationnal Admissions, which includes personnel decisions and reviews that are in line with enrollment goals and needs.
6. Trains and develops admissions support staff in regard to file processing and use of CRM and other necessary tools and resources.
7. Meets with prospective students and agents to provide counsel regarding the admissions process, and to explain the expectations of CBU and our graduate programs.
8. Acquires and maintains current knowledge of immigration laws as it relates to the international students.
9. Development and maintainance of internal CRM platform to ensurse quality control.
10. Recruits new international students, and travels as determined throughout the world representing CBU .
11. Plans and implements recruitment schedule.
12. Visits high school campuses, colleges, churches, and community events as part of the international student recruiting process.
13. Attends college fairs, career expos, agent fairs, and other events as assigned.
14. Duties will require evening and weekend work as well as travel in the USA and to foreign countries. A valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and reliable transportation is required.
15. A current USA passport is required.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Ability to work as required by the department, which could include working evenings, weekends and/or CBU holidays.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative, and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Knowledge of standard budgeting, and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Ability to work and communicate in cross cultural environment, language skills preferred.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Open Date 01/28/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6281 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside