Director I, Enterprise Services (Revised)
Job Posting Title Director I, Enterprise Services (Revised) Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Information Technology Posting Number AE00411P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Director of Enterprise Services, under the general direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor of Information Technology, provides direct oversight, management, and responsibility for the Production Services and Technical Services teams. The Director’s primary responsibility is to oversee the streamlined operations of their teams and to ensure alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The Director of Enterprise Services implements enterprise systems and policies that enable integrated and scalable solutions, maximize effectiveness, and improve service and quality. The Director of Enterprise Services plans and directs the technology capabilities on which the business depends for ongoing operations and growth. Constantly assessing existing and emerging technologies and identifies those that can contribute most effectively to the business objectives and goals at the District and college level.
The functions of the Production Services and Technical Services teams include the professional disciplines of Networking, Storage, Database, Server administration, Virtualization of Applications, Servers, Desktops, Data Management, Information Security, IT Service Management, IT Help Desk, Telecommunications, Unified Communications, Learning Management Systems/Academic Applications, Asset Management, Project and Portfolio Management, and engineering of secure and standard desktop images and configurations.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
PROJECT OVERSIGHT :
• Ensuring the availability, capacity, performance, security and efficiency of the Los Rios technical environment.
• Managing district-wide IT projects to ensure timely delivery of services.
• Directing and overseeing the cost effective acquisition, maintenance, support and replacement of services, equipment, hardware, and software.
• Directing and evaluating the research, design and development of new technologies, service level determination and complaint management.
• Overseeing all third party technology services and manages technology solution service contracts and licensing agreements.
LEADERSHIP / COORDINATION :
• Supporting the effective, efficient and innovative implementation of technology in support of both educational and administrative functions.
• Planning and implementing appropriate accessibility technologies and practices.
• Planning and managing budgets and equipment replacement plans.
• Planning and overseeing procurement processes including the selection, negotiation, and acquisition of hardware, software, and services.
• Performing contract and vendor management functions.
• Leading and/or performing reporting activities.
• Planning, monitoring, and addressing service delivery levels.
• Managing Disaster Recovery and/or other required backup and recovery processes and procedures.
• Managing the IT-related financial activities and prioritize spending using formal budgeting practices.
• Managing the lifecycle of applications for purchased and developed software, and/or enhancements to existing applications.
• Maintaining productive relationships with providers and suppliers of software, hardware, and consulting services.
• Planning, organizing and directing all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
• Leading and performing strategic and operational planning activities.
COLLABORATION / TEAM BUILDING :
• Communicating and collaborating effectively with leadership, faculty, and staff, across the District, to support strong partnerships between IT and the community, and to ensure that the Department of Information Technology is positioned to meet the current and future technology related needs of the District’s students, faculty, staff, and stakeholders.
• Representing DOIT in participatory governance and district leadership activities and communications.
• Aligning strategic IT plans and budgets with business objectives and clearly communicate the IT objectives and associated accountabilities.
• Planning, directing, and coordinating the lifecycle management of computer and network and telephony systems associated with the offices and data centers to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets.
• Negotiating complex deals and service level agreements (SLAs) with internal and external partners and vendors.
• Overseeing and assuring appropriate governance processes are in place and followed for aligning business strategies with IT strategies.
PROJECT DOCUMENTATION / DELIVERABLES :
• Implementing IT security controls, and maintain network infrastructure resilience.
• Deploying and supporting district applications, databases, operating systems and middleware software programs.
• Providing timely and effective response to user requests and effective and efficient resolution of all IT business impacting incidents.
• Developing and managing the overall disaster recovery plan and capacity of IT systems and infrastructure; ensure the continual functioning of mission-critical operations and mitigate the risk of negatively impacting the stability of the business environment.
• Developing, deploying and reinforcing industry best-practices. Ensures that quality is maintained in accordance with the professional standards, philosophy and goals of LRCCD .
• Defining, prioritizing, and documenting project requirements, working with all stakeholders to ensure the methodology and rationale behind decisions are clearly understood and accepted.
• Managing organizational databases to ensure users and applications have access to the right data at the right time for the right reasons and with optimal performance.
• Contributing to the development and implementation of an effective business continuity and disaster recovery plan, process, and test cycle, which includes the core infrastructure and most critical components of the clinical and business.
TRAINING / STAFF DEVELOPMENT :
• Proliferating IT best practices, standards, and methodologies.
• Recruiting, evaluating, and developing staff.
• Maintain IT policies, procedures, and standards.
• Oversee research and development activities including monitoring and proliferating industry trends, practices, and technologies.
• Implementing and proliferating strategies related to Diversity, Equity, and inclusion.
• Serving as a technical expert across teams and departments for information technology.
• Driving and leading a performance culture through appraisals and other coaching.
• Creating an engaging workplace and encourages others to contribute creative and innovative approaches to achieve continuous improvement.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
The assignment may include travel to non-district facilities to participate in events which may require multiple day absences from both home and office.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or related discipline; OR, other bachelor’s degree and two additional years of qualifying experience. All degrees must be from an accredited institution, completed by May 1, 2021.
2. Have three years of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating completed or conferred date)
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $155,353 to $168,159 annually LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Date 02/03/2021 Closing Date 03/15/2021 Open Continuously Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Twelve-month, Classified Management Position
Beginning on or about May 1, 2021
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face to face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15062 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the
question below, I certify that the information provided by me is
true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and
on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from
liability all persons and organizations furnishing such
information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento