Associate Vice President for University Marketing
Associate Vice President for University Marketing & Communications (UA21003)
Division: University Advancement
Department: University Advancement
Unit: University Advancement220, Minnesota State Administrators/State Managerial Plan
Employment Condition: At Will
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on December 22, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
POSITION: At Will (Range 8)*
Salary Type: Depends on qualifications
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 220, Minnesota State Administrators/State Managerial Plan
The Associate Vice President of University Marketing and Communications (AVP-UMC) works in concert with the Vice President for University Advancement (VPUA), the Associate Vice President for University Advancement (AVP-UA), the University President, members of the university community, and University communications staff to strengthen the university's reputation as an internationally recognized public regional comprehensive University. The AVP-UMC will work closely with the VPUA to establish the strategic direction of the unit and to develop comprehensive, innovative solutions to enhance the student recruitment and fundraising outcomes, as well as the overall university brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, New Media, or related field.
- Eight (8) or more years of increasingly responsible roles in strategic marketing, public relations, communications or related field in either the public or private sector, or combination of both.
- Proven expertise as both a strategic thinker and a project manager with a keen ability to synchronize the two.
- Proven understanding of the dynamic worlds of digital and social media with the ability to create content, manage creative talent in content creation, and grow brand awareness in these channels.
- Proven success in managing, motivating and supporting creative people and building a cohesive marketing unit. Experience with identifying talent, building teams and recommending appropriate staffing models to support overall goals and objectives.
- Effective leadership, ability to manage change, build strong relationships with people from diverse areas of the university and inspire those outside their direct sphere of control.
- Catalyst for change: someone who is willing to challenge the status-quo and has well-thought out recommendations and ideas.
- Demonstrated success in relevant leadership roles in marketing required; experience in a major media market is a plus.
- Experience in placing and managing large scale advertising campaigns, and managing ad buys with print, radio and digital channels using data-driven expertise in marketing, branding and digital tactics.
- Experience working with communications teams and/or departments in support of unified brand messaging.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Experience in higher education marketing and/or communications.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- AdWord Certified/Marketo Certified expert.
- Demonstrated success in relevant leadership roles in marketing required; a solid mix of public/private industry, higher-education and nonprofit experience desired.
- Experience in developing lead generation strategies is highly desirable.
- Experience working with technology teams including a working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Working knowledge of backend website development practices.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to producing communications and growing brand awareness among diverse communities.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Associate Vice President - University Advancement
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State Administrator Plan which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the Administrator Summary link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M067M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 12/01/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1704
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.