ELC Online Workshop Facilitator
Miami University – Middletown Campus: The ELC Online Workshop Facilitator will provide English language instruction in online workshops on a PT Temporary as needed basis.
Duties include and are not limited to and are expected to be performed with utmost professionalism:
- Performs those activities listed in the Miami University Human Resources handbook as appropriate and applicable.
- Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in online English language workshops on a needs basis in only the English language. Instruction must be consistent and coordinated with best practices and in line with the overall instructional pedagogy of the MUR-ELC Program so that students meet and exceed learning objectives.
- Uses provided materials and delivery methods to provide instruction in an English-only environment.
- Understands and accepts the challenges and rewards of working in a global environment.
- Works as a MUR-ELC team member with a positive attitude and understanding that the English language online instruction has specific challenges and requires a high degree of flexibility.
Required: Bachelor’s degree with a combination of three of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (specific major is not required)
- TEFL or TESOL certificate (120 hours)
- 3 or more years of ESL/ELL classroom/international experience
- 3 or more years of experience living, studying, and teaching in a foreign country
- 3 or more years of experience developing and publishing ESL/educational related materials
- 3 or more years of experience teaching online or use of LMS platforms
- 3 or more years of experience working with, educating, leading young learners and adults from diverse backgrounds
- Fluency in another language besides English.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with a Master’s degree; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs); Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation); Excellent ability to understand and use English grammar terms; Passion for global education and working with multi-cultural groups; Energetic and positive attitude; Flexible.
Submit cover letter and resume/CV to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/498273?lApplicationSubSourceID=. All inquiries can be sent to Jerry Martin at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.