Chair, School of Technology
The School of Technology at Eastern Illinois University seeks a Chair. This is a 12-month administrative position reporting to the Dean, Lumpkin College of Business and Technology, and has primary responsibility for the coordination, supervision, administration, and leadership of the School. Strategic planning and implementation, progress toward several individual program accreditations, external relations with industry partners and advisory boards, and continued enrollment growth, are high priorities. The School of Technology offers undergraduate programs in Computer & Information Technology, Construction Management, Digital Media Technology, Engineering Technology (emphasis in manufacturing/industrial), and Organizational Development (online), and graduate degrees in Cybersecurity (F2F and online), Talent Development (online), and Technology (F2F and online).
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A terminal degree with a record of teaching, research, and service appropriate for a tenured faculty appointment in the School of Technology
- Evidence of at least three years of successful leadership at a program, department and/or school level
- Experience with and commitment to discipline-specific accreditation
- A commitment to advancing the mission of the School through fundraising and expanded external relationships with industry partners and alumni
- An appreciation for the value of all team members within the School of Technology and of working collaboratively within Lumpkin College and EIU
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to collegially lead faculty and staff
- A student-centered perspective
- A commitment to fostering diversity among faculty and students and experience with promoting inclusive excellence are required
Starting Date: July 1, 2021
Applications: Applicants should submit the following: 1) a letter of application indicating how the candidate’s background and credentials meet the position’s responsibilities and qualifications; 2) a current vita; 3) list of names, addresses, phone number, and email for five (5) professional references; and 4) a copy of final transcripts for all degrees completed. Official transcripts for the terminal degree must be submitted upon hire. Applications can be submitted using Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/83756. Questions about the search may be directed to Dr. Melody Wollan, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Review of applications will begin March 1, 2021, and will continue until campus interviews are scheduled. Priority will be given to applications received by March 8, 2021.
The University and Community: Eastern Illinois University (EIU) places priority on teaching excellence for a student body in a residential setting. Approximately 7,500 students are enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs. Non-traditional and part-time students are enrolled in programs at both on and off campus sites. EIU offers faculty a wide range of research and public service activities. The University is located in east central Illinois and combines the benefits of a community of 20,000 with access to several large cities.
Eastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer –
minority/female/disability/veteran – committed to achieving a diverse community.