Perkins Instructional Technology Simulation Spec
Perkins Instructional Technology Simulation Specialist (Grant-Funded)
Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Perkins Instructional Technology Simulation Specialist position. Under direction of the Director of User Success and Learning Technologies, the Perkins Instructional Technology Simulation Specialist works within the IT Department to collaborate across the College to promote the effective use of instructional technologies, design, and learning practices for Perkins eligible programs and those constituencies served by the grant. This individual will co-design and help to develop rich learning environments that provide an engaging learning experience with programs to ensure alignment with grant guidelines and to support Career and Technical Education (CTE) students, and the special populations identified under Perkins. The Perkins Instructional Technology Simulation Specialist maintains ongoing collaboration with related offices to support the success of CTE students. This position is 37.5 hours a week and is fully grant funded.
*This is a temporary grant paid position and is contingent upon grant funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Instructional Technology, or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of different simulation systems and software related to the various academic programs and related fields preferred.
- Minimum of 2-years technical training and/or teaching experience required.
- Prior experience with enhancing the learning experience using software and hardware related to, but not limited to, virtual reality, augmented reality, and simulation software preferred.
- Certified in Simulation (CHSE) preferred.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of instructional design methods, approaches, and methodology preferred.
- Experience supporting audiovisual technologies, simulation experiences, and other technologies associated with this role preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communicate frequently about goals, objectives, projects, etc. to support the College’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Ability to develop, deliver, and document group training.
- Ability to teach at all skill levels within a single training session.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Position has college-wide responsibilities and requires travel between all campuses and off-site locations.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of nine “2018 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities Closing date for applications is 2/21/2021.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.