Assistant Professor WOT in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Division of Family Planning
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Washington is committed to an inclusive environment and to reducing inequities in patient care through education, research, leadership and excellence in clinical care. We strongly believe that diversity enriches training, scientific discovery and promotes the best healthcare.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Family Planning at the University of Washington (UW) in Seattle is seeking a full-time faculty member at the Assistant Professor without tenure level for an academic appointment. This multi-year position has a 12-month service period (July 1- June 30) with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2021. The successful candidate will work at the University of Washington and its affiliated clinical sites and take night and weekend call. The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide high-quality, compassionate care to a diverse patient population with a commitment to team based care. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The University of Washington, a Recipient of the 2006 Alfred P. Sloan award for Faculty Career Flexibility, is committed to supporting the work-life balance of its faculty.
- MD, DO degree or foreign equivalent.
- Board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology or foreign equivalent.
- Fellowship trained in Family Planning or foreign equivalent.
- The faculty member will have expertise in Women's Health and Family Planning.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in clinical and surgical skills post Family Planning fellowship.
- Demonstration of prior outstanding scholarly work in education or research within an academic setting.
- In order to be eligible for University sponsorship for an H-1B visa, graduates of foreign (non-U.S.) medical schools must show successful completion of all three steps of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), or equivalent as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
Applicants should apply by uploading a letter of interest and a current CV electronically through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/83486. Inquires can be sent to Ms. Bowden at email@example.com.
University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service. Candidates will be expected to provide medical services at the University of Washington affiliated hospitals, train residents and medical students, and make academic contributions to the field.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Commitment to Diversity
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (http://www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint/). Additionally, the University’s Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member’s academic profile and responsibilities (https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).