Tenure Track Faculty - Mental Health Nursing
Full-time Academic or Clinical tenure track positions available. Position is at the Assistant or Associate Professor level for Academic tenure track candidates who have a relevant terminal degree or who have completed doctoral coursework (ABD). Position is at the Assistant Professor level for candidates with Master’s Degree in Nursing; position can convert to an academic tenure track upon completion of doctorate. An earned Master’s is required; an earned doctorate preferred. If ABD, candidates will be required to complete the doctoral degree by June 2022. We encourage applicants who are transitioning from non-academic careers and who are commited to building an equitable and diverse scholarly learning environment.
Candidates must be eligible for licensure by California Board of Registered Nursing. A minimum of one-year recent clinical experience as an RN or instructor in the specialty in last five years is required. A minimum of one year of recent cumulative clinical and/or teaching experience in the specialty area of nursing is desired. Sacramento State offers a CCNE accredited baccalaureate program for generic and RN students and a Master’s program. Faculty teach two 16-week semesters with approximately one month off between semesters, late December-January, and summer June to late August. We offer a comprehensive pension and benefits package. See www.csus.peopleadmin.com for complete vacancy announcement and to apply. Sacramento State has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. AA/EEo Employer. Clery Act statistics available. Mandated reporter requirements. Background check is required.
Duties will include:
(1) Classroom management and instruction in the specialty area – Mental Health nursing
(2) Direct supervision of students in community and agency based settings
(3) Participation in course and program curriculum revision and development
(4) Team teaching, including organizational abilities required for leading lecture and clinical courses
(5) Effective and clear communication, verbally and in writing with faculty, students, staff, and clients
(6) Student advising within the major
(7) Engaging in scholarly activities
(8) Serving on School, College, and University committees; assist with Nursing school licensing and accreditation
(9) Providing service to the community of Sacramento and the professional community at large.
In the School of Nursing, many technologies are used. All courses contain an online component, and some lecture courses are entirely web-based. Quality Matters or similar certification encouraged. Applicants must possess the willingness to adapt their teaching strategies accordingly to meet the diverse needs of students. Because clinical placement is variable, direct supervision of students in the community or an agency setting may occur at any time of the day, and on any day of the week. Clinical shifts may exceed eight hours. Applicants should be prepared to have teaching assignments or committee commitments four or five days a week.
The School of Nursing provides excellent and innovative undergraduate and graduate nursing education designed to meet the needs of a diverse community. Students are prepared for roles in nursing as clinicians, advocates, researchers, educators, and leaders in the changing health care system.
The School of Nursing (SON) transforms health care through innovative nursing education, community partnerships, and policy engagement. We believe that the SON serves its students and the society at large by creating an environment in which faculty and students pursue the knowledge of nursing practice guided by the following core values:
For more information about this department: https://www.csus.edu/college/health-human-services/nursing/
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Sacramento