Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Assistant Professor of
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Cincinnati (UC) is searching for an academic Hematopathologist who will participate in anatomic and clinical pathology services and teach medical students and pathology residents. This position also includes opportunities for collaborative participation in translational research. The UC Medical Center is a leader in healthcare in the community, and Cincinnati is a vibrant city that is nationally ranked among the best places to live in the US based upon desirability, value, job market, and quality of life.
- Reviewing patient cases (pathology slides) to generate a diagnosis for the ordering physician to determine treatment
- Preparation and completion of diagnostic hematopathology, clinical pathology, and surgical pathology reports;
- Providing clinical consultations in hematopathology to the Hematology/Oncology group at UC Physicians and to other physicians as needed for patient care
- Participation in multidisciplinary care meetings (i.e., clinical conferences) for purposes of enhancing patient care and education. Activities will include presenting cases, discussing diagnosis and clinical course, and providing expert pathology input in the care and management of patients.
- Oversight of activities of UCMC Medical Residents and Pathologist Assistants
- Participating in on-call coverage for hematopathology, anatomic pathology, and clinical pathology.
- Teaching UC Medical Students in laboratory and classroom settings through course instruction and service-based instruction during elective rotations in Pathology.
- Creating and delivering lectures, slide sessions, and clinical service-based and conference-based instruction to UCMC Residents and Fellows
- Participating in resident applicant interviews
Minimum Requirements: Applicants must have all of the following prior to effective date of appointment: 1) Medical degree (MD or DO); 2) Licensure by the State of Ohio Medical Board; 3) Completion of a 4-year ACGME-accredited Pathology Residency; Board Eligibility in Pathology, as defined by completion of aforementioned Pathology Residency; 4) Completion of a 1-year Hematopathology Fellowship, which must have included experience with cases covering a broad range of hematologic and lymphoid neoplasms and non-neoplastic conditions; Board Eligibility in Hematopathology, which is defined by an individual having completed at least one full year of Hematopathology Fellowship and the Program Director having attested to the fellow's ability to practice independently upon completion of that fellowship.
Interested candidates, please go to https://bit.ly/39FoDgs
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati