Director of Financial Aid
Director of Financial Aid
Bridgewater College is seeking a full-time Director of Financial Aid.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Director of Financial Aid plans, organizes, and manages all operations and activities associated with the awarding of federal, state, and institutional aid funds. This position serves as the direct supervisor to four financial aid staff members and is a key member of the enrollment management divisional team. The Director of Financial Aid reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
To fulfill job responsibilities, the Director of Financial Aid will:
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Director of Admissions to develop strategies to meet enrollment goals and objectives.
- Oversee all financial aid operations and supervise the Associate Director of Financial Aid, a Financial Aid Coordinator and two Financial Aid Counselors.
- Monitor processing activities and implement corrective action when needed.
- Adjudicate on professional judgment and additional aid appeal requests.
- Develop and revise policies and procedures as federal and state laws, regulations and guidance change.
- Coordinate the development of financial aid consumer publications and web material.
- Monitor Title IV satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standards and coordinate the SAP appeal process.
- Perform institutional aid analysis and prepare the annual budget request for institutional aid funds.
- Coordinate and monitor interactions with outside consultants in regards to first year student financial aid optimization.
- Monitor Federal Work-Study and SEOG fund usage and oversee compliance with federal regulations for the annual Title IV audit.
- Coordinate completion of the Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate (FISAP), NCAA Division III Financial Aid report, State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) reports, and the financial aid portions of the Common Data Set and IPEDS reports.
- Serve as the liaison for tuition exchange, tuition remission and study abroad.
- Serve as a liaison to the Institutional Advancement and Finance offices.
- Assist with the awarding of endowed scholarships
- Counsel students and parents who have encountered difficulties with the financial aid process.
- Develop and implement an effective customer service approach in the office.
- Represent the College at community outreach, recruiting and orientation events.
- Continually keep abreast of the latest changes and trends in the field and related areas.
- Represent the College in meetings with appropriate external organizations, institutions, and groups.
- Perform other Director duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and agency regulations for financial aid and loans.
- Comprehensive Title IV financial aid regulatory knowledge.
- Strategic leadership with the ability to coach, mentor, and drive performance.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Goals/results-oriented approach to work.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in financial aid administration.
- Past management or supervisory experience in higher education is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; working knowledge of Ellucian Colleague preferred.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT:
Vice President for Enrollment Management
APPLICATION: Please complete the online application and attach a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference.
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin
immediately, and the position is open until filled.
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.
Bridgewater College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, or other college programs and activities, or with regard to employment.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY REPORT:
The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years.
The reports are available at https://bridgewater.box.com/s/4ma6tlh30y8cat9un192ugo3dm6n29y9.
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Bridgewater
- Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Bridgewater
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Bridgewater
- Financial Aid Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Bridgewater