IT Security Risk and Compliance Analyst
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager of IT Compliance, this position will perform department security assessments, as well as assessments of on-premises and cloud-based IT services, to ensure alignment with university policies and compliance regulations. Additionally, this person will assist in departmental IT risk assessments.
The position will coordinate updates for the Information Technology Continuity of Operations plan and assist units within the Division of Information Technology as they conduct disaster recovery planning.
This position will also be responsible for facilitating the completion of various administrative tasks required by outside departments (e.g., fixed assets inventory, emergency action plan) and the Office of the VP for IT (e.g., annual report, funding requests) as well as procuring office supplies and tracking the budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, accounting, or a related field.
- Experience performing security reviews, risk assessments, or audits.
- Familiarity with continuity of operations and disaster recovery planning.
- Basic budgeting and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, across a broad range of campus audiences.
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, or CISSP Certification
- Experience performing security assessment of SaaS services
- Knowledgeable of FERPA, NIST standards, and ISO 27002
- Experience managing IT security risk or compliance in a higher education setting
February 15, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Rachel Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 2, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg