Collegiate Faculty Position - Program Director, Rhizome LLC
The program director will lead the intellectual vision and the day-to-day administration of Rhizome LLC, overseeing the development, teaching, and assessment of its integrated curricular, co-curricular, and research programs. In partnership with VT’s Students Affairs Division, the program director will also coordinate a mentorship and advising program for students in the community. Because Rhizome's development and programming have been designed to support College initiatives, the program director will ideally be a Collegiate Faculty member who will have their academic home in one of the CAUS departments or the college office to facilitate cross college collaboration. The program director will establish and maintain effective partnerships with faculty and administration both within CAUS, the divisions of Academic and Student Affairs, and across the Virginia Tech community.
• Ph.D. in art, design, construction, planning or related field of study by appointment start date.
• Established record of university-level teaching experience.
• Experience in organizational administration and supervision of project teams.
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Interest and experience working across disciplines and contribute to multidisciplinary projects.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and administration both within CAUS and across the divisions of Academic and Student affairs.
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
• Training in higher education pedagogy and experience teaching with high impact educational practices.
All applicants must complete and submit the online faculty application at Virginia Tech Jobs.
Candidates also must submit a cover letter, a resume/curriculum vitae, a statement of the candidate’s approach to teaching, a diversity philosophy statement and the names and contact information for three current references as attachments to the online application.
Commensurate with experience
February 24, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
The position requires occasional travel to attend conferences and meetings.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Roslyn Garrison at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 2, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg