TITLE: Utilities Lead Dishwasher
LOCATION: Dining Services Department
REPORTS TO: Dining Unit Manager
STATUS/HOURS: Full time position, 12 months per year. Minimum of 40 hours/week, additional hours may be required based on the needs of the department. Schedule may vary according to Academy needs. Weekend and night shifts are integral to this position; flexibility is required.
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff
Ensures the sanitation and cleanliness of all flatware, trays, dishware, service ware, glassware, catering ware, dining rooms and kitchen areas.
Mission Statement: A Team of Professionals dedicated to providing quality food service with a personal touch.
This position is considered “Essential Personnel” in the event that:
- an emergency occurs on the PEA Campus or in the vicinity that would impact PEA,
- inclement weather forces the closing of campus or
- or other emergency events deemed appropriate.
Essential Personnel are required to report to or remain at work if instructed to do so if contacted directly by the supervisor (or his/her designee), the Principal or a member of the Principal’s Staff (Leadership Team.)
- Ensure efficient and thorough cleaning and sanitizing of all flat ware, trays, dishware, service ware, glassware, catering ware and other similar items in the kitchen
- Provide an adequate supply of all dishes, utensils, silverware and other supplies before, during and after meal services
- Practice proper cleaning procedures for all kitchen equipment and observe all MSDS policies/procedures for safety and sanitation
- Assist with housekeeping of the kitchen and dining areas
- Assist with deliveries and storage of incoming food and cleaning supplies
- Record temperatures of dish machine during meal periods
- Inform unit manager of all broken equipment, safety hazards and chemical needs
- Ensure that all work areas are maintained in a neat, clean and sanitary fashion by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping, washing or other appropriate cleaning methods
- Assist with the proper sanitation of work areas, kitchen equipment and all kitchen surfaces including (but not limited to) walk-in and reach-in refrigerators, floors, walls, shelving, drawers, exhaust hoods, etc.
- Lead other utility workers in executing all aspects of day-to-day responsibilities of the dish room
- Promote a positive and congenial atmosphere for students, employees and other customers
Job duties may include working with a computer.
Degree of Independent Action Performed
Incumbent works under the guidance of the First Cook, Assistant Manager and Dining Manager, but will be expected to work without direct supervision and exercise independent judgment in decisions impacting dining functions.
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate attention.
Assists in leading and directing other utility workers.
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, faculty, administration and staff. External contacts could include prospective students, parents, alumni, outside organizations, visitors and local community neighbors.
Skills & Knowledge
· Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take direction and work with others.
· Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
· Knowledge of proper safety and sanitation principles when operating equipment and using cleaning supplies.
· Committed to team work.
· Practices excellent personal hygiene habits; follows and adheres to uniform standards daily.
· Regular and consistent attendance with the ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
· Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
· Must possess excellent guest service and hospitality skills and projects a positive image while interacting with students, faculty, staff and guests.
· Familiar with equipment, materials and methods used in sanitation and knowledge in the care of utensils and equipment preferred.
· One year of experience in duties as described or equivalent preferred.
· Previous experience in institutional food service or housekeeping is helpful.
· High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy carts as well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Ability and dexterity to grasp and grip and safely operate commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50lbs without assistance.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to work in hot temperatures with daily exposure to hot water.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed every 5 years).
- Must consistently wear assigned uniform and appearance must always be neat, clean, and professional.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood