Part-Time Specialist III, Business Services
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
T he PT Specialist III issue s procurement cards, provide s assistance and training, audit s transactions to adhere to policy and procedures, run s reports, analyze s data, and report s audit findings to administrator s . He or She p rovide s assistance and training for purchasing, Accounts Payable and credit cards to campus personnel and division managers. He or She t rain s travel and expense prepay auditor on financial module and procedures and act s as backup. The Specialist III is r esponsible for cash handling and accounts receivable (A/R) of student accounts. He or She e xecutes job duties to ensure effective operations of department. He or She r eviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with others to obtain data required for department activities. He or She p rovides guidance to students, LSC Student Services, and LSC Financial Aid with regard to tuition, fees, payment plans, and collections efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires detailed analytical skills and a high level of accounting skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in use of personal computer workstation with standard software applications
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to interact with subordinates and direct/coach work efforts
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Ability to organize functions to ensure compliance with deadlines and regulatory requirements
- Ability to transfer knowledge to subordinates and higher authorities; Ability to determine the approach for doing the work
- Ability to work in an environment that may have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Ability to follow specific procedures that may result in interaction with co-workers, citizens, or other individuals
- Ability to work in a responsive environment where co-workers or citizens bring problems to incumbent for resolution; Ability to determine the problem and create an individual solution
- Ability to prepare and or process purchase orders
- Ability to make recommendations that affect the budget
PHYSICAL ABILITIES :
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.19
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Cypress
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Cypress
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Cypress
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Cypress
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Cypress