Part Time Faculty - Home Care Aide Trainer
This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for future vacancies. Individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur. An initial review of applications will be done for the first time on March 15, 2021.
Highline College has new training opportunities and is seeking to hire an instructional facilitator with dynamic, engaging presentation skills and knowledge of practices for delivery of Home Care Aide courses onsite and virtually.
This position will share your experience and passion for providing home care. Conduct training using highly interactive, activity-based curriculum designed to develop the professional skills, knowledge and performance of long-term care workers. Sessions include skills demonstrations, group discussions, role plays, team presentations, and other participatory activities. This position requires strong classroom management skills and confidence in explaining care-related concepts and procedures as well as modeling professional and leadership behaviors. We are seeking to hire an instructor with good presentation skills and knowledge of practices for delivery.
- Facilitate training using activity-based curriculum intended to develop the professional skills, knowledge and performance of long-term care workers in their jobs as a Home Care Aide.
- Work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and experience levels and must be comfortable managing differences in opinion and perspective.
- Facilitate the curriculum according to published Instructor and Student guides.
- Observe and evaluate student work to determine progress, provide feedback, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Manage student behavior to maintain a productive, positive, and safe learning environment.
- Administer written or oral performance tests as required by the curriculum.
- Maintain accurate administrative records, such as attendance and test scores.
- Manage classroom materials and room set-up.
- Maintain a very flexible schedule.
- Participate in ongoing paid professional development, including but not limited to conference calls, one-on-one coaching, in-service days, and peer observations.
- Always model professional behavior and exemplary customer service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of direct care experience.
- Have one hundred hours of teaching adults on topics directly related to the home care aide training; or be willing to participate in a minimum of 40 hours of co-teaching with a qualified instructor.
- English language proficiency required.
- Successfully complete a criminal history background check prior to employment.
- Must be willing to take the new Home Care Aide Certification Exam within six months of hire.
- Be 21 years of age.
- Not had a professional health care, adult family home, boarding home, or social services license or certification revoked in Washington State.
- Must use the detailed Instructor Guides and Student Materials exactly as designed, and attend the Instructor Training course to familiarize yourself with the new training content, materials, and approach.
- Must also meet one of these requirements:
- Have a Community Instructor Code from DSHS OR
- Be a registered nurse with work experience within the last five years with the elderly or persons with disabilities requiring long-term care in a community setting OR
- Have a High School Diploma, or equivalent, and one year of professional or caregiving experience within the last five years in an adult family home, boarding home, supported living through DDD per chapter 388-101 WAC, or home care setting.
- One year experience with long-term care in a home care setting.
- Meets the requirements to work as a registered or licensed practical nurse, certified nurse assistant, long term care worker, or related professional.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, English/Korean, English/Vietnamese, English/Russian, or English/Lao preferred.
- Experience with ESL / ELL students.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the department.
- Ability to select and apply instructional techniques appropriate to the situation.
- Good active listening skills, including giving full attention to others, taking time to understand, asking appropriate questions, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Excellent customer service and motivational skills.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Possess excellent classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated experience teaching individuals from various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience developing curriculum which addresses cultural diversity.
- Commitment to innovative instructional approaches such as cross disciplinary or team teaching.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to inspire and assist adult learners gain competency in content area.
- Flexibility to adapt teaching to student learning styles.
- Skill in building and maintaining internal / external customer satisfaction.
- Ethics and integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse population, both within and outside the college.
- Skill in using data and information to assess and understand issues, evaluate options, form conclusions and make decisions.
ABOUT HIGHLINE COLLEGE
Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15 minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional-Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.
MISSION AND VISION
As an essential part of our mission and vision , diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.
The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/
Your online application must include the following four attachments to be considered complete:
- A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position.
- A letter of application (two-page maximum, recommended) that addresses your ability to meet the FACULTY-WIDE SKILLS AND ABILITIES for appointment and, to the extent applicable, the DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS of the position.
- Unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts (official transcripts required prior to hire for the successful candidate). International transcripts must include a foreign transcript evaluation. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process; official transcripts required prior to hire.
- A list of at least two professional references with names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Letters of recommentation will not be accepted in lieu of a list of professional references.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Moines
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Moines
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Moines
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Moines
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Moines