Field Education Coordinator
Position Field Education Coordinator Full Time/Part Time Part Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
The Field Education Coordinator (part-time) provides overall program management and oversight to field education operations of New Mexico Highlands University/Facundo Valdez School of Social Work in the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho area. The Field Education Coordinator reports to the School’s Field Education Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive field education program for BSW and MSW students;
• Supervise field administrative staff, graduate assistants, student workers, field consultants and seminar instructors and conduct performance evaluations;
• Oversee and approve placement of students in approved field practicum agencies;
• Recruit, evaluate, approve contracts and retain field practicum agencies ensuring responsiveness to the mission of the School;
• Develop and implement a recruitment and field placement effort in the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho metro area in service to the mission of the School;
• Recruit, recommend for hire field consultants; assign field consultants to students and agencies;
• Provide support to and problem-solve with field consultants and intervene promptly in resolution of problems experienced by students or agencies; consult with Dir. of Field Education as needed;
• Schedule field practicum and seminar classes each semester;
• Develop and implement annual Field Fair;
• Manage and oversee Field management software, and ensure it is utilized and updated regularly;
• Utilize technology, including Zoom, to facilitate efficient communication with students, field staff, and agencies;
• Recruit, hire, supervise and assist with evaluating field seminar instructors;
• Provide field orientations to students, field consultants, and agency instructors/representatives;
• Review student evaluations of field practicum, field agencies, and field seminar instructors and provide follow-up as needed;
• Supervise field administrative staff to oversee the maintenance, updating and completion of paperwork such as field files, forms, instructor contracts, and travel requests;
• Provide updates to the Dean and Dir. of Field Education periodically regarding student progress, status of field practicum agencies, and problems encountered in the field placement program;
• Interface and collaborate with Center staff and faculty;
• Participate in School meetings of faculty, staff, and field personnel, in-person or via Zoom;
• Work closely with Albuquerque/Rio Rancho faculty advisors in support of students in practicum;
• Participate in Field Policy Committee, comprised of Dir. of Field Education and Field Coordinators;
• Establish and lead local Field Advisory Committee, comprised of faculty, staff, students, former grads and community partners/members;
• Recruit student applicants for Title IV-E stipend program;
• Perform related duties as assigned;
• Maintain regular attendance;
• Respond promptly to phone and email communications, whether from students, faculty, or staff.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work ( MSW ), from a CSWE accredited program.
Experience: Three (3) years post MSW practice work experience with community, state or educational organizations.
LMSW, LCSW, or LISW (social work licensure in New Mexico).
University teaching experience, preferably in social work education; field seminar teaching and/or field consulting experience.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
• Current License issued by the State of New Mexico at the LMSW, LISW, or LCSW level
• Must be willing to travel to other campuses
• Must be willing to work occasional odd hours, weekends and holidays
• Position is contingent upon grant funding
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of healthcare, social service and mental health agencies in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho and surrounding areas;
• Ability to work with students, field consultants, faculty and agency field instructors in a team approach in the implementation of the academic and field placement program;
• Possesses the ability to engage in creative problem-solving toward the resolution of practicum-related conflicts or problems that arise;
• Knowledge, understanding and the ability to work with Hispanic, Native American and other ethnic minority students, and the community based agencies providing services to these populations;
• Ability to organize and prioritize work;
• Ability to maintain effective, positive working relationships;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Sitting: Frequently
• Standing: Occasionally
• Walking: Occasionally
• Bending: Occasionally
• Squatting: Occasionally
• Climbing: Occasionally
• Kneeling: Occasionally
• Lifting up to 50 pounds: Occasionally
• Repetitive hand motion
• Prolonged use of computer
• Work is primarily in an indoor/office setting.
• Work with frequent interruptions.
Pay Rate Commensurate with experience Work Location/Campus Center Albuquerque/SW Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS452P Open Date 01/22/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and email address of three (3) Professional references in application; 4) Unofficial copies of transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at email@example.com NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6359 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- As Field Coordinator, you will oversee a number of people.
Please describe your leadership style.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe in detail how your background and experience
would be applicable for this position in a College/University
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your Philosophy for serving students?
(Open Ended Question)
- Provide examples of how you handled difficult situations with
those you have worked with.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree