Wytheville Community College
The Division of Transfer and Educational Partnerships at Wytheville Community College is seeking a full-time faculty member in Mathematics that will begin in August 2021.
- Master’s degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Additional (or to include) eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in pure or applied mathematics from (a) regionally accredited institution(s)
- Experience developing and teaching courses via distance learning
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in the English language
- Demonstrated understanding of and belief in the comprehensive mission of community college
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college
- Successful post-secondary teaching experience
- Successful community college teaching experience
- Experience in the use of instructional technologies
- Experience in advising community college students
- Knowledge of the relationship between dual enrollment and the community college
- Teach day, evening, seated, hybrid, and virtual lab and lecture classes at on and off-campus locations
- Actively promote program and course development
- Actively employ effective student success strategies
- Integrate instructional technology in courses and the curriculum as appropriate
- Develop new courses as necessary
- Develop and teach courses using distance-learning media as appropriate
- Establish and assess student outcomes and participate in Institutional Effectiveness initiatives to include assessment and program reviews
- Maintain ten office hours per week with accessibility to students
- Advise students on curriculum and career goals
- Provide leadership and service on college committees
- Pursue professional growth and development activities in discipline(s)
- Advance the college mission by involvement in college, community and professional activities that enhances the college and impact student development
- Teach other courses matching qualifications and perform
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Wytheville Community College (WCC) is a member of the Virginia Community College System and is nestled among the Blue Ridge Mountains in beautiful Wytheville, Virginia. WCC is accredited by the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges and serves the citizens of Bland, Carroll, Grayson, Smyth, and Wythe Counties as well as the City of Galax. WCC is committed to providing a wide-variety of high-quality programs such as transfer for the first two years of a baccalaureate degree, technical programs to prepare for a successful career, developmental courses to assist in successful transition to college, Workforce Development for job preparedness, and continuing education.
Interested persons are required to apply by using the on-line application process through the Virginia state-wide job listing at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- Wytheville Community College application
- Cover letter
- Current resume/CV
- Unofficial copy of college transcripts (If there are multiple transcripts, combine all transcripts into one file before uploading).
- Only complete application documentation will be considered; partial submissions will not be considered.
The position is open until filled with first review on February 26, 2021.
Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276-223-4700.
The individual selected will be subject to a criminal history/sex offender background check and e-verify for employment eligibility as a condition of employment.
Any questions regarding application document submission can be directed to HR@wcc.vccs.edu.
Virginia’s Community College System is an EEO employer.