Assistant Professor of Applied Analytics
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College seeks applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Applied Analytics. The successful candidate will provide high-quality educational services to students, develop and teach courses in the areas of applied analytics, advanced statistics, data base management, as well as other related courses as necessary. We are particularly interested in candidates with the ability to teach analytics and data management courses, skills in the design of online courses, pedagogical experience in cross-disciplinary faculty teamwork, and accreditation compliance. The successful candidate will engage in collaborative research, advise students, and advance the college's goals. Maintaining an active research agenda and service to the college are also expected. The primary appointment will be in the School for Graduate Studies.
The School for Graduate Studies serves over 1,000 students per year in several degree and certificate programs offered in online and blended formats. The M.S in Applied Analytics is a new degree program. The Assistant Professor will support the growth of this curriculum with principal emphasis on applied analytics and data-base management.
- An earned doctorate in analytics or a closely related field.
- Experience and demonstrated excellence in graduate teaching.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of advanced statistical theory and practice.
- Ability to develop and teach courses in applied analytics and data-base management.
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications in analytics and/or other relevant areas in the field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
- Desire and skills to engage with a diverse student body.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning and experience in online and blended teaching formats.
- Professional, consulting, or related experience in analytics and statistics.
- Research agenda in analytics and data-base management or related areas.
- Proficiency in working with external partners for course development, marketing, cohort development, and other related purposes.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity issues in higher education.
- Skills in the design of online pedagogy.
- New York State residency after hire a requirement with preferred location in Saratoga Springs NY, but will consider other upstate areas such as Selden NY or Rochester NY
- Some travel and overnights required
- Office hours (primarily online) will vary to accommodate student needs
Rank/Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Statistics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs