Assistant Professor of Applied Behavioral Analysis
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College's School for Graduate Studies (SGS) seeks applications for a full-time tenure-track assistant professor of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and assistant director of the Center for Autism Inclusivity (CAI). The ABA program and CAI envisions engagement in compassionate and culturally humble practices that are sustainable for our students and the populations we serve. Both also have a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, which drive our chosen initiatives and practice.
The incoming faculty member will support and help develop agenda and priorities for research and services through the Center. The individual will assist in the upcoming launch of a proposed MS in ABA program, which will qualify students for licensure in New York State and which also meets requirements for the BACB 5th Edition Task List. It is expected that the chosen candidate will work collaboratively with the current coordinator of ABA programs and director of CAI. The individual will dedicate 75% of their time to teaching in the proposed ABA program and 25% of their time to administrative and leadership responsibilities of the Center, in conjunction with current faculty. It is expected that the incoming faculty will perform general faculty duties, including, but not limited to, service to the college and profession; working with SUNY Empire faculty, staff, leadership, and relevant stakeholders on program and Center initiatives; jointly initiating and overseeing partnerships, including clinical placements; and implementation of the Center and ABA program vision and mission. The successful candidate may also teach and engage in course development in other SGS programs as determined by need and availability. It is expected that the candidate will travel to the flagship location of Anderson Center for Autism, located in Staatsburg, New York, 1-2 times per month, or as needed, to engage in and assist with clinical supervision and research.
The faculty member has the opportunity to play a significant role in designing, implementing, and overseeing scope of curricular pedagogy, supervisory practices, and research agenda of both the program and Center. They will work collaboratively with current ABA faculty on ABA course revisions, including supervision curricula. The candidate may work with current faculty on research and is encouraged to develop an independent research agenda. Successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for meeting the needs of individuals who identify with autism and/or as neurodiverse, to educating and developing professional, knowledgeable, and empathetic behavior analysts, and to helping create a center that is locally and internationally recognized in developing and disseminating evidenced-based information and strategies in the area of autism.
- An earned doctorate in Applied Behavior Analysis or a related field (e.g., Special Education or Psychology) from a regionally accredited U.S. university or comparable non-U.S. university (ABD will be considered).
- Hold BCBA-D certification (BCBA certification with eligibility for BCBA-D certification will be considered).
- Hold licensed behavior analyst (LBA) status in New York State (eligibility for LBA will be considered).
- At least 5 years of experience providing ABA services.
- At least 2 years of experience providing supervision to certificant and/or licensure candidates, and to clients.
- A clear research agenda related to ABA or autism.
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, and other stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desire and skills to engage with a diverse student body.
- Experience in online and blended teaching formats.
- Administrative or leadership experience and skills.
- A strong publication record or demonstration of research in progress.
- Experience in and/or demonstrated history of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive practices.
About the Center for Autism Inclusivity: The SUNY Empire Center for Autism Inclusivity (CAI) is a newly formed center, developed in collaboration with the Anderson Center for Autism (andersoncenterforautism.org), that is dedicated to serving the needs of individuals with autism, their families, and the broader autism/neurodiverse community through research, education, outreach, and services. CAI places a strong emphasis on compassionate and culturally humble practices to support sustainable initiatives. Among these initiatives is assisting SUNY Empire to become a fully autism supportive college community across all campuses, offices, and in their robust online learning platforms.
- This position is located in Saratoga Springs, NY, but can also be located at one of our NYC locations.
- Office hours (primarily online) will vary to accommodate student needs. Some travel and overnights required for meetings and to support MS ABA and SUNY Empire Center for Autism Inclusivity activities.
- Travel will be required to Anderson Center for Autism (andersoncenterforautism.org) at least 1-2 times per month; some additional travel may be required for clinical placement oversight and supervision.
Rank/Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Psychology Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs