Director of Student Financial Services (FA21065)
Director of Student Financial Services (FA21065)
Division: Finance and Administration
Department: Student Financial Services
Unit: Student Financial Services220, Minnesota State Administrators/State Managerial Plan
Employment Condition: At Will
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on February 23, 2021 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION: At Will (Range 5)*
Salary Maximum: Depends on Qualifications
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 220, Minnesota State Administrators/State Managerial Plan
The purpose of this position is to oversee and coordinate the delivery of financial services to students. The position will have overall supervision of the financial aid, accounts receivable, cashier, student information center and student identification card functions. Employees directly and indirectly reporting to this position are expected to deliver student aid, invoicing and other services involved in student finances in a courteous, timely and knowledgeable manner.
The Director of Student Financial Services will be directly responsible for the tactical planning and operations of the Student Financial Services Unit. The Director is responsible for ensuring compliance with all state, federal, system and institutional laws and regulations related to student financial services delivery (financial aid, cash management, etc.). The Director will oversee the Student Financial Services Unit in order to assure that students and other customers receive answers to their questions and excellent service, and that monies due them are processed in a timely manner. The Director is also responsible for collection of monies owed to the University.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Human Services Administration, Business Administration, Higher Education Administration or related field (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application).
- 5-7 years full-time work in higher education administration.
- Customer service skills and strong customer service experience.
- Knowledge of general business administration; federal and state financial aid regulations; and state and federal data privacy regulations.
- Understanding and ability to implement MinnState Board and University policies and procedures as they pertain to the administration of Student Financial Services.
- Knowledge of best practices in higher education financial aid practices.
- Excellent communication skills with employees and students.
- Ability to provide leadership and coordination of services within and among departments while effectively managing multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Experience with personnel management policies, practices and principles and knowledge of budget building and administration.
- Well-developed and effective problem-solving, mediation and interpersonal skills, and capacity for innovative thinking.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with colleagues, supervisors and supervisees.
- Ability to work in a positive manner with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Sound professional judgement.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to build cooperative relationships across departments or organizational lines.
Required overnight travel.
Ability to work flexible schedule during peak times.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Associate Vice President - University Advancement
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State Administrator Plan which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the Administrator Summary link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M096M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 02/02/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1775
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.