Open Rank Full Time Faculty: Analytics
Open Rank Full Time Faculty: Analytics
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
Northeastern University, College of Professional Studies invites applications for a full-time non-tenure track, Open Rank Professor position as Faculty Lead in the Analytics degree programs. The successful candidate will be appointed to a full-time, nontenure-track faculty position at the rank of assistant, associate or full Teaching Professor. Candidates with exceptionally distinguished professional backgrounds may be considered for the rank of Professor of the Practice. The position will remain open until filled by a qualified candidate.
The mission of the Analytics programs is to foster foundational analytics including managing data, conducting data analysis such as regression, forecasting, segmentation, optimization, data warehousing, data visualization, problem solving, and data story telling.
Analytics is deeply rooted in experiential learning that is closely linked to professional applications in the work force and prepares the student with the opportunity to apply the learnings to professional domains or disciplines (e.g. business, marketing, research).
The position offering is a full-time, non-tenure track, one-year renewable appointment as an Open Rank Professor. The candidate will be expected to teach as a content expert in analytics, with particular expertise in probability and statistics, big data and data management, descriptive and predictive analytics, data warehousing and data visualization. The mastery of selected advanced systems technologies (such as Python, R, SQL, Hadoop, and Machine Learning) is a must, knowledge about Artificial Intelligence is a plus.
The position is based in Boston, Massachusetts. Courses are taught in multiple formats including online, hybrid and NUflex. Faculty enjoy a collegial work environment that allows for work-life balance, and are expected to be available to students, whether in-person or online. Faculty may be allowed for remote work up to 2 days in a standard five-day week. They are however required to maintain office hours as directed and necessary. Faculty contribute to the College's mission through teaching, service and scholarship. The Faculty Lead will report directly to the Faculty Director of the Domain Analytics & Enterprise Intelligence.
This full-time, non-tenure track faculty member will teach a minimum of 6 courses in Analytics throughout the academic year (teaching load is subject to periodic reviews by the unit and college); actual course load may vary with other responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with the Faculty Director to develop and drive strategies for program expansion, including:
- Analyzing enrollment and retention data and developing strategies to achieve enrollment goals.
- Reviewing and refining program positioning and messaging documents.
- Evaluating the fiscal viability of the program within the overall portfolio.
- Promoting development of new degrees and certificates within the portfolio to meet demands of the marketplace.
- Identifying enrollments goals for programs.
- Developing and implementing course learning outcomes, curriculum maps, resource guides, textbooks, syllabi templates, and updated course materials.
- Overseeing the instruction of specific courses within the curriculum. Responsibilities include the identification and selection of instructors, advising on syllabi, and evaluating instructor performance.
- Identifying and providing recommendations to keep curriculum relevant and industry leading.
- Ensuring that the programs meet license/accreditation requirements and participate in comprehensive evaluations and periodic reviews.
- Creating modularity guidelines and recommendations for program content integration across the programs and all campuses.
Faculty & Student Support
- Lead the Analytics team of the Domain Analytics & Enterprise Intelligence.
- Assess and enhance instructional quality of courses by offering follow-up coaching to full and part time faculty.
- Recruit and vet qualified candidates for part time faculty positions.
- Assisting the program in the onboarding of new part time faculty and maintaining ongoing communications and mentorship to gauge engagement within the program.
- Providing opportunities for part time faculty to engage with program and college activities; seek their professional and curricular feedback.
- Working with faculty and staff in providing advice regarding course selection as requested by Academic Advisors and/or Program Managers.
- Participating in program and faculty committee meetings as applicable.
- Serving on committees that support the mission of the program and the vision of the College and wider University.
- Canvas training through Northeastern University Online is required prior to teaching in the Analytics program.
- Terminal degree in Analytics or related field required. Degree
must be conferred by the appointment start date.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6-8 years'
experience of leading teams in advanced analytics. Knowledgeable
about how to manage, analyze, communicate, visualize, and lead with
Artificial Intelligence is a plus.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate strong teaching
abilities (both on-ground and online), and a dedication to
continued improvement as an educator. Experience teaching at the
master's level, teaching and developing on ground and online
courses, and proven success in working with international students
are desired attributes.
- Previous work experience in analytics in the private sector is
This is a non-tenure track, annually renewable position. This position requires a flexible work schedule that includes being present on the Boston campus, required evening hours and the possibility of weekend hours. Up to 25% travel to domestic campuses per year required/expected (the College would cover travel and lodging costs). There may be opportunities to teach overseas.
Northeastern University is a global, experiential and leading research university, built on a tradition of engagement with business, industry and communities to create a distinctive approach to education, research and service. Located in one of the most beautiful cities in the USA, Boston is vibrant and stimulating and provides exciting opportunities to grow, learn and to make significant contributions. The College of Professional Studies offers innovative and flexible programs that allow adult learners and working professionals to complete their degrees. CPS offers associate, bachelor's degree, certificate programs and post-baccalaureate programs in fast-growing fields such as biotechnology, leadership, business administration, finance, project management, information technology and management. Degrees are delivered in full or part-time formats and courses are offered in a variety of on-campus and online options.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504084