Professor & Head, Department of Health Management and Policy
The University of Iowa, College of Public Health seeks a dedicated and experienced leader for the Head of the Department of Health Management and Policy (HMP). The Head will be appointed at the level of Professor with Tenure and will report to the Dean. The Head of HMP will:
- Set a compelling vision that inspires others to engage in transforming and executing the strategic direction for the department;
- Recruit and retain excellent and diverse faculty, and provide strong and effective mentorship;
- Foster a supportive, collaborative, and inclusive learning and research environment for faculty, staff, and students;
- Guide innovation in curriculum and educational programs; teach courses and advise students within department and collegiate programs;
- Ensure compliance with collegiate, university, state, and federal policies related to grant funding, and legislative and academic policies;
- Provide effective management of the department’s overall budget;
- Serve as a member of the collegiate leadership team that guides strategic initiatives and resource allocation to allow the college to meet its mission, vision, and goals; and
- Maintain an active scholarship portfolio, including external funding and peer-reviewed publications.
Candidates must have a PhD, DrPH, ScD, MD or equivalent degree in a related field and qualifications commensurate with an appointment as a tenured, full professor in our College of Public Health. Current Associate Professors with the qualifications for appointment as a tenured, full professor will be considered. Successful candidates must demonstrate academic experience in a health management and policy discipline with national reputation based on research and scholarship. Candidates must demonstrate leadership and administrative experience in advancing a vision of inclusiveness, collegiality, and scholarly relevancy in the field of health management and policy. Candidates are expected to have a record of research productivity, including extramural funding, and high-quality teaching experience; evidence of collaborative efforts in the healthcare environment; evidence of success mentoring diverse faculty, staff, and students; and a commitment to promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive academic environment. Desirable qualities of the successful candidate include demonstrated experience building relationships with academic, community and industry partners.
Candidates will submit applications online at jobs@uiowa74077. Inquiries regarding the position can be made to Dr. Peter S. Thorne, the Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com. Applications should include a letter outlining interest and relevant experience and curriculum vitae.
The University of Iowa is an equal employment opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University of Iowa is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented and diverse faculty and staff, which involves providing opportunities for employees to “Build a Career | Build a Life.” For more information about local work / life resources, including dual-career support, please see: http://worklife.uiowa.edu.
Visit https://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/job/hmp-head/ for more information on this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Iowa City
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Iowa City
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Iowa City
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Iowa City
- Executive Directors Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Iowa City