Assistant or Associate Professor of Teacher Development - Literacy Education
Tenure track position in the Elementary Education program with expectations to:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Elementary Education in the areas of Literacy, ESL, and research methods.
- Teach online, graduate courses for the reading teacher program and curriculum and instruction, and research methods.
- Provide course instruction that includes mentorship and modeling best practices for undergraduate students.
- Supervise undergraduate clinical experiences, including student teaching, in public school settings.
- Provide guidance and leadership in edTPA process and completion.
- Provide assistance in helping students understand and apply technology in a 1:1 iPad classroom environment.
- Participate in student recruitment, academic advising, and student advocacy.
- Provide advising, mentor-ship, support, and leadership to graduate students, including serving on graduate committees.
- Participate in departmental operation and leadership, addressing departmental and program enhancement, assessment, and future development at the college/school and university.
- Teach and work effectively with persons from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including advocating for anti-racist practices, and an asset approach to multilingualism.
- Through their research, teaching, and service, the ideal candidate will demonstrate St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission and values, especially our responsibility for the holistic education of our diverse student population. This includes our commitments to social justice, anti-racism, equity, access, and inclusion, and attention to the various components of student belonging. Applicants will be expected to establish and maintain professional goals to be outstanding teachers through the use of research-based, best- practices, and innovative pedagogy. They should be willing to participate in teaching using alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth offered within the School and at St. Cloud State University.
To learn more about the school and department visit our web site at:
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found here.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly research and/or engage in creative works; 3) continue preparation and study in their discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
- Doctorate in C & I, Elementary Education, Literacy Education or related field. (ABD considered with degree to be completed before appointment date.)
- Demonstrated experience with innovative program design, development, and continuous improvement.
- A record of teaching excellence at the university level in literacy methods and curriculum courses in Elementary Education.
- Holds or has previously held a K-6 elementary education license with an emphasis area in literacy.
- Minimum of 3 years licensed (teacher of record) teaching experience in K-6 public school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology in instruction, both at the university level at with K-6 students.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Background in multi-lingual education or English as a Second Language instruction and demonstrated effective experience working with multi-lingual learners.
- Demonstrated effective experience teaching graduate courses in one or more of the fields listed.
- Demonstrated effective experience and expertise providing guidance and leadership in edTPA completion.
- Demonstrated effective experience with online and/or hybrid teaching.
- Experience teaching ESL methods.
- Demonstrated effective experience with course design, instruction and assessment aligned with Interstate Teacher Support and Assessment Consortium (InTASC) and the Minnesota Standards of Effective Practice (MSEP).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta