Assistant/Associate Professor, Child and Family Studies
The Child and Family Studies Department is one of three licensing departments in the School of Education whose programs fulfill educator license requirements for the State of Minnesota. The CFS department offers certificates that lead to licensure and both graduate and undergraduate degrees. The programs of study in CFS include Early Childhood Education (ECE), Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), Parent Education (PE), and Family Studies, all of which fulfill the license requirements for the respective areas of study. It is the only program in the state in which early childhood education, parent and family education and early childhood special education are combined in one department, providing a genuine early learning and education focus. The Child and Family Studies Department enjoys collaborative relationships with SCSU’s Lindgren Early Learning Center, which is nationally accredited by NAEYC and NAECP, and all SOE licensing departments.
- Teaching Graduate and Undergraduate courses in the early childhood special education program and early childhood education program.
- Advising and supporting students involved in departmental courses and programs
- Supervision of field placements and student teaching and participation in edTPA preparation
To learn more about the school and department
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found here.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly research and/or engage in creative works; 3) continue preparation and study in their discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
- Doctorate in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or closely related field.
- Experience/knowledge in teaching Early Childhood Education at university level and evidence of a strong record of student support
- Holds or previously held professional License in ECE (Birth to grade three) or able to obtain MN license in this area
- Demonstrated record of teaching excellence in ECE– Minimum 3 years as lead teacher or teacher of record.
- Experience successfully working with marginalized populations.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- ESL minor studies or demonstrated successful experiences working with multilingual learners
- Demonstrated record of recent leadership in program development, advising, and other activities in academia or other settings
- Demonstrated record of writing and scholarly activities related to early education
- Experience with face-to-face and on-line synchronous and asynchronous teaching
- Experience in supervision of student teaching
- Experience preparing pre-service teachers for teacher performance evaluation
- Experience/membership in national organizations associated with early childhood education
- Previous experience partnering with lab school
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Special Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta