DEPUTY PROVOST FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
NDU educates joint Warfighters in critical thinking and the creative application of military power to inform national strategy and globally integrated operations, under conditions of disruptive change, in order to conduct war.Responsibilities
Serves as the principal educational advocate and senior advisor
to the NDU Provost on operation and use of the Board of Visitors,
teaching and learning, research, accreditation, and faculty
Consults with senior officials throughout the Department of Defense (DOD) and other government departments and leaders in the civilian academic community.
Develops broad policy and operational guidance affecting educational philosophy, methodology, faculty
qualifications, performance, development, and accreditation
Contributes to the development and evaluation of academic programs, courses, and curriculum.
Serves as the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) Designated Federal Officer (DFO) and acts as liaison and conduit between the BOV and University leaders, including the Provost. Articulates academic issues as appropriate to the BOV Membership.
Serves as faculty member for courses relevant to academic expertise.
Doctorate from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of five years of senior-level management experience in an institution of higher learning and demonstrated effectiveness as a leader in higher education.
- Experience collaborating with faculty and senior leaders across an institution; evidence of the ability to lead teams and create a culture of collegiality.
- A minimum of five years of experience with Process for Accreditation of Joint Education.
- Knowledge in institutional accreditation policies and standards.
- A substantial record of excellence in teaching in a discipline related to national security studies at an accredited graduate level institution(s).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and manage employees as well as develop and interpret financial data/plans and manage resources. Required Documents
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Résumé: The latest resume submitted will be used to determine qualifications.
- Complete Assessment Questionnaire - Provide assessment answers on a Word Document separate from your resume
- Other Supporting Documents
To apply, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591076800
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Provosts Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.