Nurse Aide Instructors
Job Summary: Position teaches 120-hour courses for the Nurse Aide Training Program at local Nursing Home Facilities.
Current Pennsylvania RN or LPN license AND two years of nursing experience with at least one year in a long-term care facility* as an RN or LPN.
*Definition: Long-term care facility – an institution licensed by the Department of Health as a long-term care facility. This includes: a distinct unit of a hospital that possesses a separate license by the Department of Health (transitional care or skilled care unit) and geriatric units at a Veterans Administration institution. This does not include the following: institutions that provide care for the chronically disabled or mentally challenged, geriatric psychiatry, hospice care, home care, and general medical units in a hospital.
Licensing Requirements: The following are required clearances/documents required for this role:
• PA State Police Background Check
• FBI Background Check
• PA Child Abuse Clearance
• Valid Professional License (RN or LPN)
• Current Two-step PPD or Chest X-ray if applicable (within one year of hire)
• Teaching-the-Educator (TTE) Workshop Completion Certificate
Copies of the certifications/licenses must be provided at the time of application or prior to an offer of employment unless otherwise specified.
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
- Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
- Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
- Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
Hiring Range: Varies
Preferred Qualifications: Participation in the Teaching the Educator course for Nurse Aide Instructors.
Job Specific Task List:
- Instructors needed to teach 120-hour courses for our growing Nurse Aide Training Program at various locations. - (Essential)
Job Type: Part-Time Credit Hour (Adjunct)
If part-time, hours per week: Varies
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Feb 01, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 28, 2021 Eastern Standard Time