A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic success. The Housing and Residence Life, Operations
Coordinator will provide administrative support/leadership for the
Office of Housing and Residence Life (HRL) to ensure the training
and development of staff and students. Responsible for the
planning, organizing, and coordinating services for HRL while
achieving institutional goals and objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with
occasional evening and weekend responsibilities
- Serve as the office manager for HRL and administrative
assistant for the Director
- Provide housing occupancy administrative support in conjunction
with the Assistant Director
- Create content for marketing, social media, and website
platforms and serve as brand manager for HRL
- Complete financial documents for purchases, reimbursements, and
- Maintain budgets and corresponding documents
- Support student engagement using program development and
- Respond and resolve queries by students and families using
mediations, conflict resolutions, and creative problem-solving
- Serve on departmental, divisional, and institutional
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree with one to three
years of customer service experience directly related to the duties
and responsibilities specified. Master's degree and experience in
higher education preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and
understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and
- Evening hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Must be able to type at least 60 words a minute.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience with marketing and social media programs
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity