Housing & Residence Life, Operations Coordinator
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. The Housing and Residence Life, Operations Coordinator will provide administrative support/leadership for the Office of Housing and Residence Life (HRL) to ensure the training and development of staff and students. Responsible for the planning, organizing, and coordinating services for HRL while achieving institutional goals and objectives.
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm with occasional evening and weekend responsibilities
- Serve as the office manager for HRL and administrative assistant for the Director
- Provide housing occupancy administrative support in conjunction with the Assistant Director
- Create content for marketing, social media and website platforms and serve as brand manager for HRL
- Complete financial documents for purchases, reimbursements, and petty cash
- Maintain budgets and corresponding documents
- Support student engagement using program development and mentorship initiatives
- Respond and resolve queries by students and families using mediations, conflict resolutions, and creative problem-solving tactics
- Serve on departmental, divisional, and institutional committees
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree with one to three years of customer service experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Master's degree and experience in higher education preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of organization structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Evening hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Must be able to type at least 60 words a minute.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience with marketing and social media programs
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens