Assistant Professor, Social Work
The Department of Family Therapy and Social Work in the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions invites applications for a Tenure Track, Assistant Professor position in the Master of Social Work, Clinical Specialist program beginning Fall 2021. We are seeking candidates with a demonstrated commitment to the profession and practice of clinical social work.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to teaching, research and diversity, equity and inclusion. Applicants must show evidence of an active research/scholarship agenda on anti-racism within the US context, including interpersonal and structural racism, bias, and/or health/mental health inequities. The candidate must demonstrate potential for or evidence of excellence in teaching. The candidate should evidence experience in engagement with under-served populations and demonstrate a commitment to the School’s mission of advancing human rights and social justice. The MSW program is currently in candidacy with CSWE with the following mission and vision.
Program Mission Statement
The MSW program at Fairfield University prepares graduates to recognize and value the inherent worth and dignity of all people and promotes the wellbeing of individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities. The program is committed to serving a diverse society and advancing respect for diversity, human rights and social, economic and environmental justice. The program seeks to prepare graduates who possess strong knowledge, skills and values, and uphold the highest standards of professional social work practice. The program educates students in collaboration with community partners and advances the social work profession through the scholarly contributions of faculty and students.
Program Vision Statement
The MSW program at Fairfield University aims to develop intellectual rigor, personal integrity, multidisciplinary collaboration, informed decision-making, self-reflection and social responsibility and promote the profession of social work by educating students to become leaders for social change. The program aspires to prepare highly competent professionals who are skilled at providing effective service, integrating interdisciplinary knowledge, theory, and social work values with practice to address social needs. The program seeks to inspire students to academic and practice excellence.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a doctoral degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program before this appointment begins on September 1, 2021. ABD candidates with be considered with a scheduled Spring 2021 defense date.
- Demonstrate research, scholarship and practice experience with people of color.
- Be eligible for licensure as an LCSW in the state of Connecticut.
- Demonstrated capacity to teach across the Social Work curriculum and populations including children, adolescents and families, social policy, and clinical practice and supervision.
- Demonstrated use of theories that inform the applicant’s research and teaching, such as but not limited to, theories of anti-racism, intersectional theories, theories of oppression, or critical race theory.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and social justice in practice, teaching, and/or research.
- Have experience implementing initiatives to increase equity, diversity, and inclusion at the program/departmental/community levels.
- Be active in professional organizations and university service.
- Bilingual fluency preferred.
The salary and benefit package are competitive.
Review of applications will begin January 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, please click "Apply Now” and upload the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement describing your work involving issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion and teaching philosophy
- Contact information for three references
Note: If you have more than 5 documents to upload to your application, please combine them into 5 or less documents.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Fairfield University is a Jesuit, Catholic university that strives to integrate research excellence with a foundational commitment to formative liberal arts education. Fairfield University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status.
In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Fairfield University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment and strongly encourages applications from persons of color, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. Fairfield University and the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions are committed to social justice in their pursuit to address the world’s urgent problems.
To learn more about how Fairfield University supports diversity and inclusion throughout the University, please visit https://www.fairfield.edu/about-fairfield/mission-values-history/diversity-and-inclusive-excellence/index.html
For further information or questions please contact Dawn DeBiase, MSW Program Director at email@example.com
Academic - Faculty Tenure/Tenure Track
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield