Postdoctoral Research Associate - Laboratory for Musculoskeletal Research and Innovation
Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number P00001 Working Title Postdoctoral Research Associate - Laboratory for Musculoskeletal Research and Innovation Department Biomedical Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $47,500 to $50,000 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The College of Engineering at Virginia Commonwealth University, Department of Biomedical Engineering, has a postdoctoral position available. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to develop and expand upon a diversified technical skill set while making a positive contribution to understanding musculoskeletal disease processes as well as healing processes.
Research projects for the Laboratory for Musculoskeletal Research and Innovation will involve examining the role and mechanism of action of Titanium alloy surfaces on osteointegration. Additionally, the candidate will study the use of a hydrogel delivery system to deliver factors/microRNAs in order to enhance the osteointegration process.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in biology and/or material science. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with laboratory techniques such as polymerase chain reaction, western blotting, mass spectroscopy, cell silencing, SEM, confocal, and microct imaging. In this position, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with a vast network of scientists and engineers.
- Ph.D. in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Experience with biomaterials, cell culture techniques and practices, ability to work with laboratory animals preferred although not required.
- Experience with laboratory techniques such as polymerase chain reaction, western blotting, mass spectroscopy, cell silencing, SEM, confocal, and microct imaging preferred although not required
- Ability to learn new techniques and skills, as well as to trouble-shoot problems.
- Ability to mentor junior team members, and ensure the highest levels of laboratory safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
-Ability to work under tight deadlines and short turnaround times
- Hands-on electronics or microfabrication experience is a plus
Job Open Date 02/01/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates for consideration must upload a cover letter of interest, CV, and two professional references to include emails and phone numbers in a single PDF file.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
VCU is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102973 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you find out about this position?
- ○ Alumni association magazine
- ○ Chronicle of Higher Education
- ○ Community event
- ○ Email notification
- ○ HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- ○ Higher education publication
- ○ Internal Recruiter
- ○ Job fair
- ○ Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- ○ Listserv
- ○ Newspaper
- ○ Professional association/journal
- ○ Referred by person/employee
- ○ Search firm notification
- ○ VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- ○ Other
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond